• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
On the subject of our personal cons, I would like to give a future apology to my roommate and neighbors if I snore too loud.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
so looking into booking a hotel for August 30 and the only thing that shows as being available that night is the Motel 6. If it's 126 that night is it still reimbursable?

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
so looking into booking a hotel for August 30 and the only thing that shows as being available that night is the Motel 6. If it's 126 that night is it still reimbursable?
Let me know what you find out. I'm still holding off on getting a room reserved until my letter comes in. I'd be willing to split a room with you if that would get us below some kind of cost threshold.

Garrett S.

Keep receipts for everything. Hotel, flights (if you are buying yourself) cab/shuttle. All that jazz. Keep it in your lucky bag and ask for two copies if the opportunity arises. No papers=no money. So I'd keep a copy in your PII folder which you will have with you from day one and second set in your lucky bag.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Tried the lodge website and said it was booked but if you have PCS orders they might have a room. Would this qualify as PCS orders?

LET73

Max per diem allowance is $158 for Newport, but you don't get the full allowance on the first and last day of travel. That is, if you're flying in and land on 30 August, you get 75% of the per diem rate, because that would be your first day of travel. If you're driving, you'd probably get the full per diem for being in Newport on 30 August. See here and here for more details.

America

I'ill give it a whirl in the AM, thanks. Just did the preliminary research today. Appreciate it guys
If trying to make a reservation at the Chalet, call the number on that OCS.navy.mil site, and the front desk person will give you the number for NGIS, which is where you can make the actual reservation. Let them know you're there on orders, and you'll be able to get a room. If you try making the reservation with the front desk person at the Chalet, he'll tell you they're full. Hope this helps!

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
If trying to make a reservation at the Chalet, call the number on that OCS.navy.mil site, and the front desk person will give you the number for NGIS, which is where you can make the actual reservation. Let them know you're there on orders, and you'll be able to get a room. If you try making the reservation with the front desk person at the Chalet, he'll tell you they're full. Hope this helps!
401-841-7900 - A bunch of us (31 Aug) made reservations this morning

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
advice to others, if your report date falls on a 3-day holiday weekend you may want to book ASAP. I feel like that was the biggest issue for us because of Labor Day.