• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sub Holdup

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just think of this as good training for the prospective SWOs- getting an early introduction to the life of getting bent over by their community that they will soon be living...

Yes it sucks, but those are the breaks... There may be times in flight school were your orders give you a week to packup, move, find a new place to live and report to your next duty station for training... and you wouldnt be the first.

Actually I think the SWOs here are the ones taking care of their people. By refusing to release the ship and ranking lists, they are preventing those people who haven't officially been designated SWO from getting lost in the cracks and possibly placed at the bottom of the list for ship selection. It's the nukes who are refusing to let some people go until they consider nuke who are being annoying.

I get that having to pick up and move quickly can be how it works in the military, but don't you think this is bad policy for your new accessions? The SWO wannabes here at my unit are already developing a sour taste in their mouths over this, and they haven't even been commissioned yet.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Just think of this as good training for the prospective SWOs- getting an early introduction to the life of getting bent over by their community that they will soon be living...

Yes it sucks, but those are the breaks... There may be times in flight school were your orders give you a week to packup, move, find a new place to live and report to your next duty station for training... and you wouldnt be the first.

This exact situation happened to me when I was was to report to Newport for NSI. I also happened to be stationed at NAS Whidbey...

Sub dio

The SWO wannabes here at my unit are already developing a sour taste in their mouths over this, and they haven't even been commissioned yet.

Not to mention all underclassmen are going to know not to put subs as any of their 3 choices. The repercussions of these nuke "recruiting" tactics will be surely felt for many years in the future.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Not to mention all underclassmen are going to know not to put subs as any of their 3 choices. The repercussions of these nuke "recruiting" tactics will be surely felt for many years in the future.
well, as a girl, subs is not a danger, but definitely i'm going to remember think twice about putting down SWO(N) 4 years from now... lol.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Okay okay okay guys....seriously though, none of us are entitled to anything until selected by big Navy, right? You can complain, and "show them" all you want, but it is futile. You signed on the line, you do the "time"....wherever they put you. Like I said previously, don't waste your senior year getting pissed off about stupid stuff you can't control. It's all going to be "all good" soon enough. We'll have a beer in P-cola, I promise :)

Bugsmasher

Another Non-qual SWO Ensign
Wouldn't worry too much DSL, all of the gouge I've heard suggests that SWO Nuke isn't the problem. I certainly heard many times that I'd never get accepted because they save most of the slots for women. If they were hurting that much for SWO(N) bodies I doubt they would be that restrictive.

Still, all my info is from myriad internet forum rumors...and we know how reliable those can be.