• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Subic Bay/Cubi Point Pt. then and now

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
After 6+ San Miguels, EVERYONE likes CW bands .... and yes, 99.99% sure it the Subic spot near the O'Club was the "Chuck Wagon" ... if not officially, at least all the guys called it that. Great "after hours" pizzas after a hard night's liberty in the 'PO. :)

A typical Philippine Country-Western band ??? .... MABUHAY !!!
happybirthday5qf.jpg

I spent some quality time on the other side of Shit River in 1977. PI was magic in those days.

I was there before sex could kill you. That said you could damn sure party yourself to death which I almost did. Up all nite with your numba one girl and humping a ruck up and down the Seven Steps to Heaven during the day was a bitch. Even for a bad ass 21yr old Sgt of Marines.

The second best way to die in PI was to butterfly and get caught!

My favorite club was The Fisheye Club. All the house band could play was Boston but they did a damn good job of it!!!

Balut anyone????

Flugelman

Contributor
Especially when the rooster is standing on your chest ... :eek::D
Or when you wake up with a monkey on your chest. One of our guys had this happen to him in Cavite (Sangley Point) back in '67. He took a swipe at it and it bit him (as he related the story) so he wrung it's neck and tossed it out. Turns out it was a neighbors pet and his girlfriend was royally pissed. Worst part was that when the word got out he was sent to sickbay and since they couldn't find the monkey, he had to take the rabies shots. :eek:

I always liked Sangley Point because you had the choice of going out to town (short walk, small base) or catching the liberty launch to Manila. The launch docked at the U.S. Embassy in Manila and there was always the chance to meet a round-eye chick in the vicinity.

Good times...:tongue2_1