• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Suggestions on lady's chronograph for aviation?

2Blades

"Chester" 4 blades transition
pilot
G Shock. If you really wanna be fancy get the one with the atomic hack so it's never wrong. Save the expensive stuff for wings, it'll just get nicked up in a 34 or a T-6 anyways.

Rocking a Rolex or a Breitling to Fam 0...probably not the impression you wanna make.

I agree, I fly with a cheap Fossil only because I don't care if it gets jacked up on preflight and second the only time I may use a watch is to record my land and takeoff times and to set the analog clock in the cockpit. Otherwise GPS time off the CDNU.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I agree with the saving the money till she wings, but not because the other kids might get jealous of her. If she doesn't act like a brat, she shouldn't be treated like one. Holding a family's money against someone is as lame as holding a family's lack of money against someone.

Sounds like yer a "Silver Spoon" advocate!:snooty_12

:D

Just kidding, yer right... all of my monetarily gifted bros would give me the shirt off their back in a heartbeat... It's all in the walk of one's walk and the talk of one's talk.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
As far as engraving on the back. My parents got me a GMT and on the back they engraved "We're very proud of you Mom & Dad"

I couldn't have asked for anything more. I certainly wasn't expecting a gift like that, but it was/is perfect like that.

FlyinRock

Mom
You would be better served if you waited to spend a lot of money on a timepiece. If you are determined, then by all means buy something of quality. I've owned several rolex watches and think they are way overpriced and over rated.
I wear one of the Luminox "Seal" watches and it does just fine for me. It is the 2nd one and works as well as any multi thousand dollar watches and even better than many including Rolex.
A fancy watch is sometimes a handicap and in many cases a real handicap. If you want an heirloom, take your time and find something really special for her. I appreciate your sentiment and desires but don't waste a lot of money on something that is only to tell time accurately!
Nearly any current quartz watch will do that and no major loss if it gets lost someplace.
Aviation is a hard environment and no place to wear expensive jewelry.
Happy New Year
(wish I had parents who could afford such a gift !)