• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer Cruises

Status
Not open for further replies.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm not exactly sure if there's a limit to how long a cruise can be. Basically you stay as long as your orders tell you to. I can tell you that a guy from my unit was on a sub for 42 days!! Mine is rather long at 26 days. Most of the guys from my unit will only be underway for 2 weeks or so. Am I the lucky one???? We'll soon find out.

snizo

Supply Officer
There is only a minumum for how long a cruise can be to 'count' and that only really matters for 1/c cruise. Its like 2 or 2.5 wks.

My 2/c cruise was two months -- actually, Nozeman, if you are from Purdue ... it is probably the same cruise that your colleague went on. 2 months was long, but we got to do some cool stuff and see some unique ports.

Bredoteau

Go Cal
I'm going to be a freshman in college this fall, and I am hoping to get a 3 year scholarship once I'm there. Does anyone know if there is any way for 3 year scholarship midshipmen to go on CORTRAMID? It sounds like a lot of fun and a great experience, but from what I've read it's only for 4 year scholarship midshipmen.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Usually people go on CORTRAMID after their freshman year, but thats only if they have a 4 year scholarship. If you pick up a 3 year you can go on CORTRAMID in place of a normal second class cruise. I have about 3 or so friends here that are doing that.

snizo

Supply Officer
But if you are only going to have two cruises total and have to decide between CORTRAMID and a 2/c cruise .... think on that for a while. I only did two cruises during my tenure at ROTC -- no CORTRAMID for me. From what I have heard, it is a lot of fun ... but between the two, the 2/c cruise might be more beneficial. Especially if you are a marine op.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
I don't know why all of you didn't go on CORTRAMID. I thought it was a blast. I went to CORTRAMID east 2 years ago and I know that I had an awesome time. I still talk to the guys in my company.

rubicon

That sounds like a blast. I wish I was looking foreward to that instead of another year of high school.

RXSilver

rubicon said:
That sounds like a blast. I wish I was looking foreward to that instead of another year of high school.

i hear that, least its the last year for me. then NROTC here i come.

rubicon

I am not exactally missing out either, but I got summer school this year. My prioorities sophmore year where a little to lopsided

topgungtv

Hey all,

I am a MIDN at Embry-Riddle and am now a 1/C. Im the only one going on cruise casue I'm the only 1/C. I did the aviation phys stuff at NAS JAX hoping to get jets for cruise. I got NAS Brunswick with VP-8 (P-3 Orions) I found out from 25May to 18June. So they BBQ every day huh? Maybe this won't be so bad. Anybody know anymore about NAS Brunswick?

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
riddle kid eh? i started there in the fall of 99. great place. i miss DB and all.. yeah brunswick guys BBQ a lot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.