• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Superstitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
This discussion is fascinating.

Superstitions never occured to me. I wear the leather jacket, brown shoes, and my wife bought me a pair of 24kt gold wings (not to be worn before winging, of course, but only because that's VERY inappropriate, rude, and against regs as well) while I was in Primary because it's actually quite motivating to see them on the mantle...especially on really rough days.

I have this corkboard by my front door with pictures of aircraft and other Navy stuff - reminds me every morning why I joined in the first place. Just motivational, I guess...

I DO pee before every flight, but that's only because I have a gerbil bladder and I hate realizing that I have to go when we've not yet crossed the hold short line...

Pags

N/A
pilot
Dunedan said:
This discussion is fascinating.

I'll second that....personally, not a superstitious guy, but I am a fan of the pre-flight pee, but that's mainly because I'm a fan of the pre-flight coffee.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Boot Checklist

Boots......On

Warning
Ensure that boots are on feet. Boots are not designed to be worn on hands or other body parts.

Note
Ensure the Left Boot is on the left foot, and the Right Boot is on the Right foot. Boot reversal is very uncomfortable and will result in a miserable flight.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
HAL Pilot said:
I'll second that! I'm also a fan of the pre-flight growler. It keeps the T/O weight below max.

Oh yes, especially after a big cup of Circle K coffee.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:
I'll second that! I'm also a fan of the pre-flight growler. It keeps the T/O weight below max.
Does that mean when my G model Hornet comes out that I'm going to have to take a growler before I get in my Growler? Won't I be proud, showing up to marshall in my flying turd. How humiliating. :eek:

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:
Better than taking a growler in the Growler....
Well, it's just a matter of time. I know lots of folks who have taken a growler in a Prowler. There's this legendary story about a female Marine ECMO who decides that she has to take a dump in the plane. So, she safes up her seat, wiggles out of her flight gear and readies her nav bag. So, she's crouching on top of ECMO1 seat and she allegedly turns to the pilot and says, "Have you ever seen a chick take a sh!t?" The pilot shakes his head and she replies, "Well, feel free to watch."

I don't know if the story is true, but it's one hell of a good one.

Brett

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Brett327 said:
"Have you ever seen a chick take a sh!t?" The pilot shakes his head and she replies, "Well, feel free to watch."
Damn I love women aviators :D Is a visual in order? (I apologize if I just got this thread locked by a righteous moderator...)

girlontoilet.jpg

Being a former P-3 guy, you know about the beer price. What's the penalty for a growler in the Prowler (besides being famous)?

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
If the chic looked anything like that *ahem* person on that Marine aviation recruiting poster, I think I'd be in hell.
Not to mention I'd be strapping on the O2 no matter HOW good she looked, if I was in a Prowler with her...

Status
Not open for further replies.