• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Surgery AFTER MEPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKmilitary

I completed MEPS and passed everything, including my vision test. After MEPS, I submitted documents for pterygium surgery I had for both of my eyes five years ago, and I am now waiting for the waiver to be approved.

I'm pursuing a position as an SWO/NFO, and the board won't convene until July 2024. It seems I may require another surgery for both eyes due to regrowth. If everything progresses smoothly, it's unlikely I'll ship out until the end of this year.

The recovery time for the surgery is estimated to be only a month. My dilemma is whether to wait until I receive my commission to undergo the surgery or risk disqualification if I undergo it before the medical at OCS. Another question would be if my vision is good would they still make me wait for a certain amount of time until I can reapply or...?

Any advice on how to proceed in this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.