• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Surgery

I just talked to an oso in syracuse, and she said they accept no pins or metal joints and it is auotmatically disqualifying. I thought that was kinda fishy. From what you guys have told me I guess its not true, what would I say to her then?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
goosegagnon2 said:
I just talked to an oso in syracuse, and she said they accept no pins or metal joints and it is auotmatically disqualifying. I thought that was kinda fishy. From what you guys have told me I guess its not true, what would I say to her then?

Got a pin myself....got it at VT-10

Issue was whether I had full functionality. Might also depend on how bad they need people at the time. Suspect there is wide range of subjectivity in disqualifying people

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
goosegagnon2 said:

If I were in your position, I would politely refer her to the of the NOMI waiver guide which pertains to your situation...all tucked away in a nice red folder.

I would also go to this page: http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/NAMI/index.htm

Near the bottom is a link (looks like this: Need Information from NAMI regarding your status or results? Contact NAMI HERE!) to an email source which will allow you/OSO to question them somewhat directly. Gather some info from them and perhaps give that to your OSO in addition to the appropriate section of the NOMI waiver guide.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
heyjoe said:
Got a pin myself....got it at VT-10

Issue was whether I had full functionality. Might also depend on how bad they need people at the time. Suspect there is wide range of subjectivity in disqualifying people

Unfortuneately, that's apples and oranges, Joe. You were already inducted as a 1370. NOMI/NAMI doesn't consider you an actual 1390/1370 until after you've had your whammy before API. At least this was the case 8 years ago.