• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-28 Trojan

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Both of the civilians I work with flew the T-28 in primary back in the day. The Navy had just done away with the boat requirement (mid to late 70's??) so they didn't do the carrier thing. They seemed to have really liked flying the beast.

Maybe the -6B will have beta so the navy can use it at it's training airfields. And tires that last longer than 20 landings.

From what I hear, no beta on the T-6B :confused:

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I'll tell you what guys, IBB don't be surprised when I show up at your door with a 30 litre, 1300 pound motor.:D

And A4's...I'll take you up on it...just hang on to that medical cause it may be a while. Someone's gotta show this soon enough P-3 nugget how to FCLP...if it ain't big Navy, it might as well be you!:)

Just got back from the O-Club and crawling all over the static display...gives me goosebumps...Imagine getting it rebuilt and climbing into that to go flying....all for the cost of a 5 year old SR-20...

219cr9.jpg

or this.....

T28C1966.jpg

Tough call....:D

phrogpilot73

Dude, Not trying to spend your money or anything... But I say go for it. Even if you can only afford to buy the A/C now. And then you cart it all over the country, and dump a countless amount of hours/money into it. Think about it - get in fights with your wife, get stressed about how much you're putting into it... And then, when you get your first flight in her (when you're A4's age) and you're standing there like a proud father with your lovely wife at an airshow... And everyone with an ounce of testosterone in their veins wants to be you... I say go for it.

MasterBates

I think my explanation to Mrs. Scoober "But, it's a T-28!!" (think Spinal Tap, it goes to 11) did not hit the mark..

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Dude, Not trying to spend your money or anything... But I say go for it. ... And everyone with an ounce of testosterone in their veins wants to be you... I say go for it.
Well, I kinda buy into this ... you just have to be patient.

One of my former F/O's (that's First Officer) bought one of the few remaining Fairley Fireflys ... originally RAN, if memory serves .... did an extensive rebuild, has always been wrapped around that thing, is always looking for another angle to make it better, is constantly dumping most of his paychecks into it, is single, and loving it.

He's a minor god at airshows. And .... he's envied by most of the rest of us ... :)

fairleyfireflyenglishroad2.jpg

FlyHopeful

Yeah. Both my father and step-father trained on T-28s, before the Teenie-Weenie came into the training pipeline. They've got some great stories about the golden days of aviation training... But I couldn't possibly do them justice.