• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34 engine

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
and this was a new one on me: Helo-borne laser...

Wonder how they fit all the chemicals and stuff in such a small place. Must have one HELLUVA generator.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm betting they just mounted a 5-gallon bucket on the front and called it a "laser." Lot cheaper/lighter that way.

Forgetting the rules of war and all that for a minute, I always thought the perfect weapon for stopping non-compliant vessels was to give them a quick zap w/ our laser on our FLIR, since I can't shoot them or throw things at them. Worst case, they'd get burned and be annoyed, which might distract them from doing what they're doing. Best case, they'd be blinded and bumble around at the helm until they stop. Either way, I'm sure it wouldn't tickle.

Forgetting the rules of war and all that for a minute, I always thought the perfect weapon for stopping non-compliant vessels was to give them a quick zap w/ our laser on our FLIR, since I can't shoot them or throw things at them. Worst case, they'd get burned and be annoyed, which might distract them from doing what they're doing. Best case, they'd be blinded and bumble around at the helm until they stop. Either way, I'm sure it wouldn't tickle.

That's a thought alright. But as stated, certain rules of war would have to go bye-bye before employing that little gem...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Checking for the prop retaining bolts on preflight must be a huge pain in the a$$...

I think checking for them during preflight was just a primary thing... Wasn't part of the preflight in the T-44.