• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-38 Crashes in Southern California

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A couple of the U-2 pilots here were very good friends with Mark from their days at El Forko Grande.
huggyu2, My Grandson just arrived home here in the San Diego area, discharged from the USAF after 4 years stationed at your "El Forko Grande". Been hearing horror stories about the winter WX, and the spring floods affecting GF. The lad is still shivering by habit,:D after two weeks back in SoCal. It seems that manned flying there is minimal, with the majority of air ops being UAVs.;)
Grand Forks AFB ND.jpg
BzB

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The AF even has a picture of the actual plane on the cover sheet of the AIB report. Shit hot man, shit hot.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Nice thread resurrection. I sometimes wish the Navy would be as forthcoming, ..
Agree. There is a lot to be learned from mishaps, unfortunately (as has been discussed on AW at length) we are too scared/stupid to do it correctly. This is definitely one area the AF has right. The only reason I have a copy of my SIR is because I sure as hell wasn't going to see it lost to the useless database in the sky.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
...This sounds eerily familiar to an incident involving an airplane I've flown in the past. The difference is that no one was killed. We were lucky and the paraloft guys were good at their job.