• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 sighting

Lonestar155

is good to go
Today I was at my dead end job doing some work about a 1/4mile from my airport where I fly out of. This airfield is directly south of San Francisco Intl. Im working outside and I hear this jet, and I know that jets are very rare at our field since the runway is very short. I look up and see a T-45 ripping through the straight out departure. I didnt even know t-45's made it out this far during a cross country. It was very cool, but had to go back to my crappy ass job so that sucked! haha

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did an airshow at SQL, good time-no contract gas though so he probably landed/took off from Moffett.

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
fvck yeah dude, that's my hometown. I never had a chance to do any flying there growing up but I took my family out flying from there last year in a 172 after I got my wings. I'll send you a pm.

Lonestar155

is good to go
SkidKid,
You did an airshow here? Thats awesome! What did you fly? I know for a fact he came out of SQL. He was way too low and was climbing. Moffit is another 15-20 miles down the road.

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
what is the runway length there? At Meridian we needed 5000 ft runways for any cross country destination. I didn't think san carlos was that long.

Raptor2216

The good ole bay area...I miss it. I never flew out of san carlos but I did some flying out of hayward, oakland and napa.

By the way, why not leave this dead end job for a job that doesn't have a dead end??

Lonestar155

is good to go
As you can see the runway is tiny!!! 2600' Very small and strict flying patterns. You fly directly under aircraft on approach to sfo.

Three letter identifier: SQL

Field Elevation: 2 feet.

Pattern Altitude: 800 feet MSL (798 feet AGL)

Runway 30/12 is 2600' x 75' and contains VASI's and REIL's (strobes) at each end.

Runway 12 is used when winds are calm.

RIGHT Traffic for Runway 30. LEFT Traffic for Runway 12.

PCL lighting in effect from 2100 hrs. until 0700 hrs. local time.

Radio Frequencies: Tower/CTAF 119.00, Ground 121.60, Unicom 122.95, ATIS 125.9, Oakland Radio (for opening flight plans) 122.5

Fuel is generally available from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Late arrivals, however, should call to verify.

Fuel Information: Rabbit Aviation Services (Chevron) 100LL and Jet A on 122.95 (650) 591-5857.

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
yeah I thought it was real short, the T-45 probably just did a low approach there, I think there is a VOR into san carlos. unless of course it was the new VSTOL variant of the T-45:D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
T-45 is NOT capable of landing on that size runway. Trust me. Heck, it would be a stretch getting a T-34 in there.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bullsh!t, the T-45 will stop in less than 2000 feet with maximum braking :)