• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Technical Degree required for Pilot/NFO?

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Each program is different. Everything states you must have a college degree, but you'll need to talk to a recruter to find out depending on which community you want:
Your profile says Florida, so I would recommend you call and ask:
Try: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/jacksonville/
or: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/miami/

To be safe, I would say, YES, you'll need calculus and 'calculus-based' physics, however that may not be a hard and fast rule.

Recommend you call an officer recruiter and speak to him/her and ask those specific questions. If he/she tells you something, then come back and ask again.

I would recommend you actually do a little homework on your own before you comeback and ask questions. Folks tend to get 'flame sprayed' by asking questions that can be found with a simple search of this site or Google.
Good luck

mark11

I have actually searched for the answer extensively and found conflicting answers both from recruiters and the web. I was hoping for some anecdotal evidence. Thanks for the tip though, I shall make my prior research better known in future posts... that being said, has anyone been picked up for sna, nfo without calc or physics?

CAVU

just livin' the dream...
None
I visited a recruiter the other day, and he said that you cannot apply for a pilot/NFO slot unless you have a technical degree. I did some research, and it looks as though you can in fact apply without a technical degree. So, I guess I just wanted to clarify and confirm that this recruiter is in fact wrong.

I apologize to those on active duty for stating the obvious, but...

cefiro, make sure you are talking to an OFFICER who is recruiting OFFICERS. In my years, I've met too many folks who were talking to enlisted recruiters about officer programs. The potential recruit didn't know any better. Sometimes the end result was not pretty... Just saying.