• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Technical majors

SetSail

Biology is on the Tier 2 list. Ideally, I like History - but I got to have a Tier 2 major to keep my scholarship. Has anyone been down this road before?

JhwK08

That's surprising that so many engineering majors are considered tier 2. Petrochemical and Architectural surprised me

RotorHead04

Patch Mafia
pilot
I don't think the tiers necessarily correspond directly to "difficulty to achieve." Think more in terms of "level of desirability to the Navy."

Perfect example: Elementary Particle Physics is Tier 2.

In most cases, pure math and science majors tend to be more theoretically challenging than engineering majors, but engineering majors tend to be more practical in an applied technical environment. If you are trying to hire technical problem solvers, you are most likely going to seek engineers and technologists over math/science purists.

As a computer engineer, I find it interesting that I would have been Tier 2. I know I did better than some 4.0 Aero Engineers on aero tests in flight school ... they were so busy arguing the details while the real engineers were racking up the test scores. :D