• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Tesla Autopilot and similar automated driving systems get poor rating from prominent safety group

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Chuck’s enthusiasm is going to convert his little pink body into a highway statistic.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Honestly it drives better than I do.

And I'm 6'4" and 225 Lbs and "old white guy pale" 😎

"Honestly it drives better than I do" should be engraved on your headstone.

But at least you'll be happy and productively doing other things when your car hits a pedestrian (or a deer), runs under a tractor-trailer, or follows a poorly painted lane line into state trooper during a traffic stop.

Keep those subscriptions paid up! Elon Musk thanks you for your service.

Random8145

Contributor
I know @ChuckMK23 was being somewhat flip, but I wonder if there will be a future market for autos that are relatively bare-bones WRT tech. Like the kind that don't need a software update.
To some degree there is such a market. For example my 4Runner has a manual transfer case (other models come with an electronic transfer case). It will be more difficult though powertrain-wise I think, because with the fuel efficiency requirements, vehicles now have engine-turbocharger combinations that work in unison with computer-controlled transmissions that have eight, nine, ten or more gears. For example, in some vehicles the transmission has so many gears that it cannot be mechanically connected to a gear shifter, it must be electronically engaged. And then with electric cars, those I think by default need computers and software due to the sophistication of the batteries.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I would like to thank the EV drivers for saving gas for me!

So short story of the long story is I hydroplaned, spun and hit a wall in my Mustang. So USAA totaled it out even though it’s repairable! So yesterday I got my replacement. 2024 Dark Horse. I had ordered a build last April which still hasn’t been started so the General Manager made some calls and found this one in Missouri. Number 2573 of what’s expected to be 5000 builtIMG_2764.jpegIMG_2763.jpegIMG_2771.jpeg