• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

testing your identification skills

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I think they have 4 now and 5 more in the pipeline. Deepwater drilling is really driving the aircraft demand. I think you'll see PHI start to retire their Bell 214ST's in favor of the S-92.

515578.jpg

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Those sponson thingies - do they generate lift in forward flight? They look kind of airfoil like.

Brett

Nope, just a drag reducer for the fuel cells, very tough to generate lift in stub wings on a helo unless youre talking Hind but you lose some stuff when you do.

Check Six

The easiest way to tell that it is an S-92 from that angle is to look at the rear ramp and how it sticks out at the sides.

Cheers

llub5

mkoch said:
How many birds is PHI buying? They already had 3 or 4 when I was at Sikorsky in the summer, and they had at least 2 more sitting on the field in PHI paint.

Do you work at Sikorsky? I'm a Schweizer employee working on the X2.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
Yea, I've been a summer intern in the IT dept for the last....7 years. Basically through high school and college. The X2 stuff looks absolutely awesome. I can't wait to see a prototype.