• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thanks for your service.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I was reminded of the reality of our job when I visited Arlington recently. Never been there before, but seeing all those tombs and cremation holding areas of young men and women who died before their time really hit home.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Merged threads

Tragic event, and I'm sure it is tough being on scene when fellow aviators are involved in any accident, especially one that involves them crossing the bar.

Our Commandant released a message; there were two points that struck me:

This terrible accident is a reminder that we operate in an extremely hazardous environment. [We] go into harm’s way to train and conduct operations each day. In difficult times, we must re-dedicate ourselves to performing operations safely and effectively.

And:

Find time to also recognize the value of your own loved ones, friends and teammates.
It is the last part that everyone should try to remember, because you or your friends/family may not be here tomorrow.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I just found out tonight that the missing pilot was a longtime friend of a fellow Hawaiian pilot who I've been good friends with for the last 10 years. They went to flight school together and served together for about 8 years after getting their wings. My friend just had dinner with the missing pilot and his wife/kids less than 2 weeks ago.