• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Air Force gets Myspace

H20man

Drill baby drill!
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123025409

"Enter the Blue"... Screen of Death

In addition to the 30-second commercials, users will be able to view expanded videos of Airmen as they fly and fight, call in air strikes, navigate satellites and jump out of airplanes.
So while sitting at your computer you can watch another person sitting at a computer....

Not a bad idea though, makes use of a widely used media and they dont have to pay for airtime.

nugget81

pilot
It's all rather ingenious, IMHO. Free advertising on the largest networking site online? What company wouldn't want to do it? (rhetorical)

Anybody else on here have Myspace?

And I'm sure many people here have it, but care not to share.....

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Anybody else on here have Myspace?

Lay low if you choose to have a MySpace page. Don't be one of the retards that posts your entire life story on it. For one, people don't care about you or your life enough to sit there and read about it. Also, MySpace has a way of getting people in trouble. I know the higher-ups at my ROTC unit have been known to find inappropriate material on there from time to time. Its a bad day to get called in because of your MySpace page.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
:icon_tong Has anyone checked to see if the USAF and USMC are on each other's "friends" lists on MySpace?

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
:icon_tong Has anyone checked to see if the USAF and USMC are on each other's "friends" lists on MySpace?

I dont think they are. They had a bad break-up last year when the Marines suddenly got out of bed to watch a football game. Air Force got all huffy and started yelling about the Marines mother and how the Marines always left the seat up... at which point the Marines grabbed the rucksack and left. Marines never called the Air Force back...

But I hear the Air Force is still sitting around waiting to find something exciting to do, or someone to "show them the world."

macattack

I dont think they are. They had a bad break-up last year when the Marines suddenly got out of bed to watch a football game. Air Force got all huffy and started yelling about the Marines mother and how the Marines always left the seat up... at which point the Marines grabbed the rucksack and left. Marines never called the Air Force back...

But I hear the Air Force is still sitting around waiting to find something exciting to do, or someone to "show them the world."

LOL. :D

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I thought recruiting via MySpace was the gayest thing I'd ever heard. Then hearing that the Marines do it too.....
It's still gay. A once advertisement-free environment for people to socialize will now become as commercially-cluttered as the airwaves.
And I don't have a profile.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Well, I assume if you're sitting in front of an Air Force terminal, you're not the target recruiting audience.