• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The best way to become a Naval Pilot

Michaelf

I am currently a college student in my first year and about to transfer to Embry Riddle in Florida and join their Naval ROTC. I have my pilot license and instrument rating and will be getting other ratings at Embry Riddle. I am hoping to become a Naval pilot, but is this the best way to do it? Do I have to go Annapolis or anything else? Also, should I be doing anything else to make me stand out and be more competitive for a pilot slot. Also, how likely is it that I will get a pilot slot in the Navy by going the route I am currently going? Sorry about all of the questions but I would greatly appreciate any information or advice that anyone could give my. Thank you.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You might want to try a search for there have been many of this type of question. You can become a navy pilot via Academy, NROTC or OCS. If your grades are good, test scores are good, pass the physical and the Navy needs pilots, you just might make it in.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I am hoping to become a Naval pilot, but is this the best way to do it?
There is no "best" way to do it. What you need to ask is: "Do I have the desire?" Lot's of advice and info on this site, but it is only a starting a point. "Do you have the desire?" Learn everything you can about the profession, study your balls off, ask yourself everyday: "Do I have the desire?" The rest will take care of itself.
:icon_carn

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Look at BDCP. It is the best damn deal in the world. Go to college, no ROTC obligations, get paid a sh!t ton and have a guaranteed job after college.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look at BDCP. It is the best damn deal in the world. Go to college, no ROTC obligations, get paid a sh!t ton and have a guaranteed job after college.

You make me laugh. Paid a sh!t-ton? My college was paid for AND I got a monthly stipend. Beat that. ;)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
If you're talking 100%, then you have me beat :) (I didn't pay 1 cent for my education... except what will end up being an 11 year commitment)

I haven't had to pay for anything. Not even the 1 credit golf class that I took last summer, cost to the Navy was about $250 :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What are you getting? O3E/16? Yeah, I applied for this program 4 years too late.

Not to rub it in, but don't forget the 25K/year bonus - and my school bill is going to amount to ~ $110K (thanks big Navy). All this for just 3 years of OBLISERV. :D

Brett