• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The best way to become a Naval Pilot

MasterBates

BDCP comes out to be the better scam if you are at a state school, or on a free ride (for the non prior types).

I was making over $3000 a month on BDCP between Boston BAH, COLA and base pay.

If only my school was not $25K/yr.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BDCP comes out to be the better scam if you are at a state school, or on a free ride (for the non prior types).

I was making over $3000 a month on BDCP between Boston BAH, COLA and base pay.

If only my school was not $25K/yr.

I don't think you could come out ahead at WPI... by the time I graduated it was $34K/year.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're a WPI grad? uh oh...:icon_tong

and Brett, how does the post-grad thing work with the Navy? PM if necessary.

What do you mean by that? Unless you go out of your way to go to NPS (likely a career negative move), or are fortunate enough to get a war college slot at some point, you're on your own. If I fail to screen for command, my intent is to pick up a PhD in the IR field or a JD before I retire.

Brett

Tom

pilot
Contributor
The thing most people don't know about BDCP is that you should be able to get instate tuition from a state school. Out of state tuition can be a kick in the pants some time. For me I only save a couple hundred per semester.

MasterBates

Unless he plans on getting a white pimp suit and driving a Caddy.. As in J.D. Hogg..

1976-Cadillac-Eldorado-Dukes-Hazzard-BR-BH-1280x960.jpg

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
What do you mean by that? Unless you go out of your way to go to NPS (likely a career negative move), or are fortunate enough to get a war college slot at some point, you're on your own. If I fail to screen for command, my intent is to pick up a PhD in the IR field or a JD before I retire.

Brett

Well the way I see it, I would continue my flying career until they have me flying a desk then apply to the NPS (or possibly during a shore tour?) and get my MS or PhD in Aerospace Engineering. Then when I get out use my GI bill to get an MBA. Is this possible? If I got an MS or PhD is this really career suicide? How could I use that to get a TPS slot or an astronaut slot? Isn't this a requirement for those? How does it affect my obligation? Is it possible to go to a civvy college and how does that work?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well the way I see it, I would continue my flying career until they have me flying a desk then apply to the NPS (or possibly during a shore tour?) and get my MS or PhD in Aerospace Engineering. Then when I get out use my GI bill to get an MBA. Is this possible? If I got an MS or PhD is this really career suicide? How could I use that to get a TPS slot or an astronaut slot? Isn't this a requirement for those? How does it affect my obligation? Is it possible to go to a civvy college and how does that work?

You're all over the map here. PM me for specific concerns.

Brett