• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Citadel, Part Deux

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
OMG, the Citadel just made my college decision tougher tonight -

I was just notified that I have a full-ride! :dog_125::icon_smil:spin_125:

( I guess that means I should visit Charleston after all before deciding... ;) )

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
omg, the citadel just made my college decision tougher tonite-

i was just notified that i have a full-ride! :dog_125::icon_smil:spin_125:

( i guess that means i should visit charleston after all before deciding... ;) )

Congratulations! Visiting Charleston is a must, it will make your choice much easier in the end.

P.S. Capitalizing your sentences will help making your posts easier to read! ;)

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Congratulations! Visiting Charleston is a must, it will make your choice much easier in the end.

P.S. Capitalizing your sentences will help making your posts easier to read! ;)

LOL. Look again. Is that better? ;)

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Congrats.

Now you will only partly hate yourself for going to a military school.

I keed...

sorta.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
And now, thanks to the Citadel's generosity, I am forced to consider a very annoying thing-
why doesn't the Citadel offer a mechanical engineering or general engineering major? At the Citadel, the closest I can get is civil engineering, and I really didn't want to be a civil engineer :(

For having more students than VMI, it really seems to me that the Citadel has fewer choices of majors than VMI.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And now I am forced to consider a very annoying thing-
why doesn't the Citadel offer a mechanical engineering or general engineering major? At the Citadel, the closest I can get is civil engineering, and I really didn't want to be a civil engineer :(

Very small engineering department, not really worth it to offer more than two options from what I saw. We called Engineering pre-Business anyways, about 1/3 of the freshmen showed up with that as the declared major and only about 20-30 B.S.C.E./B.S.E.E. graduated a year from what I remember.

P.S. Much better!

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Very small engineering department, not really worth it to offer more than two options from what I saw. We called Engineering pre-Business anyways, about 1/3 of the freshmen showed up with that as the declared major and only about 20-30 B.S.C.E./B.S.E.E. graduated a year from what I remember.

P.S. Much better!

I hate business (boring! LOL)

Which is a better taught at the Citadel?

Civil/Environmental Engineering? Or Electrical/Computer Engineering?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Wrong guy to ask, I was a History major. :D

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor

Neither.

Kidding. I too was a history bubba.

Pretty worthless major(history, that is.) But, I can safely say that I at least enjoyed most of my weekends. I doubt the CE and EE guys can say that. But, to each their own, I guess.

Navyfan06

pilot
Lets break this down real quick:

Citadel = Charleston
VMI = Middle of nowhere

Citadel = Beaches - WE HAVE OUR OWN BEACH HOUSE, and Charleston
VMI = I dont know what, but no beaches

Both = Great education, friends, chance for a commission, military enviroment ect. ect., But The Citadel is in Charleston

Citadel = Cooper River Bridge Run in April with all your buddies in Charleston
VMI = Drive two hours to civilization

Bottom line - Charleston is a great city, you will have a blast - And I think all the other Cid grads on here will concur

But best of luck in your decision, PM me again if you have any more questions!

Oh yes, one of my classmates was an EE major, she currently has a freaking kick ass job working at SPAWAR making bank, but needless to say, her life revolved around the crazy amount of homework and studying, it takes alot of dedication, if you want her information let me know I will get in touch.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My father-in-law was a Citadel guy...chemistry major if IIRC.

Yes, Charleston is nice, but when you leave the Citadel's main gate, don't turn the wrong way or you're in Da Hood.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
My father-in-law was a Citadel guy...chemistry major if IIRC.

Yes, Charleston is nice, but when you leave the Citadel's main gate, don't turn the wrong way or you're in Da Hood.
That is why you go out the back gate.....wait?:icon_rage