• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Are the little props on the front of the pods powering the unit or are they just there for cool factor?

feenix

E/A-18 Growler

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about when the "growler" is expected to start replacing the intruder and/or how that would work for new pilots. Would they have an opportunity to get one or do they go to the current intruder pilots?

MasterBates

First, search is your friend. Pagin HAL Pilot

Second, the Intruder HAS BEEN RETIRED FOR YEARS

Third, I think you mean Prowler

EA-6B is not an A-6E

ColdSteel

You can't spell lost without Lt.
On that note does anybody know when the "Lightning II" is going to replace the Phantom and the Skyhawk :icon_tong

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
While we're on the subject, if all goes well with BDCP and I actually get accepted and I'm winged in 2012, will there still be Prowlers? If I got NFO, that would be my top pick.

Also, what % get jets? :)
(one of these questions isn't serious. I'll let you guys guess which one)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While we're on the subject, if all goes well with BDCP and I actually get accepted and I'm winged in 2012, will there still be Prowlers? If I got NFO, that would be my top pick.

Also, what % get jets? :)
(one of these questions isn't serious. I'll let you guys guess which one)

Please, for the love of all that is holy.....do a friggin SEARCH!!!!

Anyways, by that time you will be flying this:

X-45C.jpg

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Please, for the love of all that is holy.....do a friggin SEARCH!!!!
Yeah, sorry, normally I'm better about searching. I got lazy :)
Looks like Prowlers will be mostly gone if schedules are kept up (from the Navy--I just realized this is in the USMC forum). It's a shame too because I always thought they were cool. Oh well, I guess the last thing I need to worry about at this stage in the game is flying things.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Moved out of USMC area, as they will not have any EA-18G airframes.

Brett