• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Phantom $hitter...

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Ok, got into a big discussion with some buddies about this naval aviation lore. Does this still exist? I know it has been a tradition on CVN's, but I know you won't hear about it any place else other than the people who frequent AW's.

Josh

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
We had one on TR during the 1990-92 time frame. His best - a big steamer on the bed in the Captain's inport stateroom during our Desert Storm cruise. Even the CO was impressed by this guys balls.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Had one of these at my rotc unit too. The Major was none too pleased...

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Man that is hilarious. My uncle was on the connie in 89-90 and he told me every coffee cup in his squadrons ready room got nailed at least once with some good cable. I didn't know if this still happens, but apparently it is alive and well!

Josh

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Wait what is this? Some guy goes around and takes a crap on something while no one else is looking? I'm just laughing at the idea... it's genius...

B

Blutonski816

DanMav1156 said:
Wait what is this? Some guy goes around and takes a crap on something while no one else is looking? I'm just laughing at the idea... it's genius...

What? You never read/saw Flight of the Intruder??

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I think I saw it as a little kid... don't remember too much of it... I kinda remember seeing like an A-6 and thinking Danny Glover doesn't belong in a movie about Naval Aviation... But honestly, I don't remember too much of it at all... Let the flaming on me begin... I know... but seriously, what's the Phantom $h1tter?

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
The best PS story I've heard was of a disgruntled ELT who took a sh!t in the reactor compartment of a Ballistic missle sub. Best part is that 'supposedly' he did it in the valve cap of a primary coolant valve.......long story short, who ever finds the evidence will be dealing with some radioactive ****. Now that is fvcked up.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Pcola04/30 said:
The best PS story I've heard was of a disgruntled ELT who took a sh!t in the reactor compartment of a Ballistic missle sub. Best part is that 'supposedly' he did it in the valve cap of a primary coolant valve.......long story short, who ever finds the evidence will be dealing with some radioactive ****. Now that is fvcked up.

I heard that they caught him easily........something about his a$$ glowing in the dark.

BlkPny

pilot
Legend has it that back in 69 on a CVA on Yankee Station there was a Phantom $hitter who was so good, and so accomplished, that his feats (and droppings) were the talk of the ship. Updates were circulated about his latest exploits. When he was finally identified (a jg in a VA sqdn) the skipper presented him with a plaque in their ready room for his contribution to the ship's morale.

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
USS Inchon (MCS/LPH-12), WESTPAC-01, big pile on the stairway to the O level, funny part? It was an E that dumped it.

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
Okay, I got a good one for ya. My Air Guard unit fell victim to one a few years back, when the president came to St. Louis. We had the Marines staying in our hangar with the president's choppers. One of 'em left a pile on top of the toilet seat (the lid was closed). We know it wasn't one of our guys. I didn't realize that this was a Department of the Navy tradition...quite funny.