• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The "V" in VMFA, VMA etc...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good eye! Seconds later, the beast leaned back and ate the zapper, much to its apparent delight. :D

Brett

That is just so wrong.....

It doesn't always work though, I saw an awful lot of Wizards zaps on bikes being riden by Marines in Iwakuni. They seemed to indicate ownership, yet there were Marines riding them.....:D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

It doesn't always work though, I saw an awful lot of Wizards zaps on bikes being riden by Marines in Iwakuni. They seemed to indicate ownership, yet there were Marines riding them.....:D

SONS OF B!TCHES! :icon_rage

Brett

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

That's because we are well known bike "borrowers" while in Iwakuni. You want it back? Come take it. (or just borrow one from somebody else). A time honored Iwakuni tradition.

*note: this only applies to Benjo Bombers. If you bring your own "nice" bike, only an a$$hole would steal it.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Brett, this stolen bike.

Was it more like this?
Harley%20Davindson.jpg

Or this?
juniorcolor.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More like this:
Schwinn.jpg

...but it had sentamental value.

The b@stards cut my lock:
Bolt_Cutter.jpg
kryptocable9kt.jpg

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's because we are well known bike "borrowers" while in Iwakuni. You want it back? Come take it. (or just borrow one from somebody else). A time honored Iwakuni tradition.

*note: this only applies to Benjo Bombers. If you bring your own "nice" bike, only an a$$hole would steal it.

Yeah, that did not go over well with us Prowler guys when we showed up there. Fortunately 133 took the brunt of it and it was pretty settled by the time we got there. But there is no excuse for cutting people's locks and taking off with their bikes :confused: :eek: , I may have paid only $30 for it but it is my ride home. I was lucky, the Marines never got mine!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Yeah, that did not go over well with us Prowler guys when we showed up there. Fortunately 133 took the brunt of it and it was pretty settled by the time we got there. But there is no excuse for cutting people's locks and taking off with their bikes :confused: :eek: , I may have paid only $30 for it but it is my ride home. I was lucky, the Marines never got mine!

The bike stealing I was talking about was just the Benjo Bombers. You know, kidding around stuff. Lighting them on fire and dropping them off the BOQ balcony. Allegedly. Those things are indestructable (I've heard).

If some a$$hole stole your no-sh!t personal bike, then I apologize on behalf of the Corps. I would hope that a Marine would have more character than that, but then again you're on a Marine base in Japan, so who else would have done it?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Yeah, there was a three week period where it was common to see 2-3 cut locks at the bike rack at the hangar every day. It happened to coincide with the arrival of a certain VMFA squadron. The worst part was that the MAG-12 CO and base CO all had a very flip "boys will be boys" attitude when the issue was brought to them by our front office. Nice leadership there, Marines. JOPA had a plan to steal both of their vehicles and move them to the far side of the base, but we were waived off by our XO.

Brett

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
JOPA had a plan to steal both of their vehicles and move them to the far side of the base, but we were waived off by our XO.

Brett

That's one below for headwork and one below for SA. Shouldn't have even mentioned it to the XO - just done it. "Hey, boys will be boys..." :D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, there was a three week period where it was common to see 2-3 cut locks at the bike rack at the hangar every day. It happened to coincide with the arrival of a certain VMFA squadron. The worst part was that the MAG-12 CO and base CO all had a very flip "boys will be boys" attitude when the issue was brought to them by our front office. Nice leadership there, Marines. JOPA had a plan to steal both of their vehicles and move them to the far side of the base, but we were waived off by our XO.

Brett

Reminded me of a story an IS told me a while ago. He said when he worked at ONI they had to have a watch on the roof of the building because the locals would come into the parking lot and steal cars. This happened until they built a higher fence. The conversation started when he found out I went to the local high school.

The bikes we rode around in Iwakuni were beaters to a degree but it got pretty ridiculous, some of them were actually decent bikes. Plus, you never cut a lock. I can confirm the blase atittude too, everyone just sort of shrugged it off. My immediate thougth was that if you let crap like that happen no wonder you have E-3's get in trouble out in town (or if you are in a VAQ squadron, an E-9....:eek:). It brought the 'broken windows' theory from my college days to mind http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/prem/198203/broken-windows , minor crimes begat bigger ones.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
That's one below for headwork and one below for SA. Shouldn't have even mentioned it to the XO - just done it. "Hey, boys will be boys..." :D

And another below (down?) for not having a hair on your collective ass.

There was one VMFA when I was there that prided themselves on always parking in the MAG-12 COs parking spot at the club. Nobody was ever quite able to pin down who did it (floating keys) so there was no serious trouble over it. That dude (MAG CO, now retired) was a major tool.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Yeah, it's not like we brought it up at an AOM. Guess who the fvcking snitch was? The LT w/ ovaries (yes, Flash, THAT one)! And as for collective hairs, kind of hard to go forward with a direct order from the XO in the way.

That's alright, we got our revenge. The aforementioned squadron had an armored knight statue which was "borrowed." After threatening to call base security (fvcking pvssies), the statue was returned - packed w/ tuna fish.

Brett

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Yeah, it's not like we brought it up at an AOM. Guess who the fvcking snitch was? The LT w/ ovaries (yes, Flash, THAT one)! And as for collective hairs, kind of hard to go forward with a direct order from the XO in the way.

That's alright, we got our revenge. The aforementioned squadron had an armored knight statue which was "borrowed." After threatening to call base security (fvcking pvssies), the statue was returned - packed w/ tuna fish.

Brett

They were going to call PMO about a stolen mascot?? Seeing as it was a Knight, I have a pretty good idea which squadron it was (of 2). Very weak.

A chopper squadron on the boat with us stole our Bulldog and carried it all over Iraq with them. We were pissed at the time, but we weren't going to go run to mommy about it. We got it back, but our Coffee mess dude was in deep sh!t with the XO about it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Brett

Wow, just.......shocking :( . Why do you think we don't let her in on all of our little reindeer games? Can't keep a secret to save her life....:confused: