• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The V/STOL Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, it's amazing how similar the Yak-38 and AV-8 look. Thieving fvckers. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
Buran_Space_Shuttle_Comparsion_1.gif

Brett

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Wow, it's amazing how similar the Yak-38 and AV-8 look. Thieving fvckers. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Brett

Oh come on Brett! Look at the aerodynamic fairings on the solid(?) rocket boosters! TOTALLY different.

tiger84

LT
pilot

Brett

We also can't forget the great Russian innovation in the form of the TU-4. Uhh, I mean the B-29 they stole and copied piece by piece.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett

what? the Yak-38 and the Harrier look and function nothing alike.

/drunk

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That XFV-12A sure is perty!

39.jpg

That's ALL you can say positive about...an A-4 nose section, F-4 intakes and a supposedly awesome aircraft just made a lot of noise yet was supposed to have Mach 2 perfromance. The concept wasn't engineered properly before it went full scale and embarassed itself when it couldn't lift off the deck in vertical mode even with 30,000 lbs of thrust.

See: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/xfv-12.htm

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, fortunately the "Yak" did one flight and the whole program was scrapped.

You seem to have an unnatural ability to spout completely wrong information as if it's fact. Please, continue to do so. We haven't had a 'knowledges' thread in quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.