• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The V/STOL Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Maybe he was talking about the Buran?
Shuttle_buran.png

250px-Buran_AN-225.jpg

Its a bird, Its a plane, its a cheap knockoff!

Mets

You seem to have an unnatural ability to spout completely wrong information as if it's fact. Please, continue to do so. We haven't had a 'knowledges' thread in quite some time.

Yeah, thanks. The picture that Brett posted is of our space shuttle and the Soviet Buran program. That's why I said "Yak" in quotes, because that's obviously not a jet. I think you have an amazingly unnatural ability of not being able to understand things.

He is actually right, the Yak and the Harrier look similar.
Yak-38.jpg

edit: sorry Brett I was wrong

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
squeeze said:
....We haven't had a 'knowledges' thread in quite some time.
YES !!! I AGREE !!!

Please do ... PLEASE CONTINUE, young Mets .... as I was not a member of the website when the "knowledges" thread(s) were made world famous.

I want to see one for myself.

We just heard of them; read news reports of them, heard about them on the telly .... whilst plying the back alleys and saloons of the Orient ... they were only mentioned in "hushed" conversations in Hong Kong bars --- the "knowledges" threads, I mean --- never seen one in person ... :)

PLEASE CONTINUE.

Pags

N/A
pilot

pretty sure brett was the using the similarity between the Yak and the Harrier and the STS and Buran as two seperate examples.

on another note, there's no need to come in here and be disrespectful in your first day of posting.

Mets

on another note, there's no need to come in here and be disrespectful in your first day of posting.
I'm just responding to the thrashing I've gotten every time I say anything. You ask one question here that isn't quite precise enough and instead of anybody helping you get drop kicked. Somewhere around my backside I have squeeze's foot, A4's foot, Brett's foot, silver's foot, and a whole bunch of others.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm just responding to the thrashing I've gotten every time I say anything. You ask one question here that isn't quite precise enough and instead of anybody helping you get drop kicked. Somewhere around my backside I have squeeze's foot, A4's foot, Brett's foot, silver's foot, and a whole bunch of others.

I'd get used to that sensation if I were you.

Edit: BTW, that's not my foot :D

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Before this snowballs out of control, everyone relax. Mets, check PM for some AW indoc training.

Brett

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You will note that you asked a relatively simple question about officer promotions and got a civil response. Yet when you try to answer questions you are in no position to authoritatively answer, you wonder why someone who has been there and done that raises the BS flag.

Rather than regurgitate Wikipedia knowledges, listen and learn from those who actually fly Navy and Marine aircraft when they choose to speak to their job. You are getting "drop kicked" because you are talking out the wrong end of your digestive tract and don't realize it. You need to get a thicker skin. Don't complain when someone who is in a position to know tells you you're wrong.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Thanks guys, sorry about that. I was trying to be helpful on one post about Harriers, lost my cool, and then became a cry baby. I'm shutting up now.

Well said ... you'll do fine. + points for you for not having your head where "our" feet supposedly were (?) .....

Switches off, guns safe, seems to be the right course for everyone.

Kumbaya. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.