• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Warriors of MPRA...fear us!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
194033_207115332635586_165347483479038_862654_4010117_o.jpg

Arguably the most famous MPRA callsign/paint scheme: Strawberry 5 markings from the Battle of Midway VP-44 PBY that first spotted the Japanese carriers

Now that is a good looking paint scheme...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
The last guy to retire from the sim building at NGP had PBY time.

Did he finally retire? He was awesome (and ancient). If we're thinking about the same guy, his first tour he flew FG-1D's, which was the Goodyear version of the F4U Corsair.

He had a wild story about overloading a PBY coming home from a trip somewhere and having to fly in ground effect over the water to be able to make it. After they got to their climb point, he pitched up, zoom climbed a bit and started settling back down. They popped the cabin door and started throwing out the various Persian rugs, China sets, and other trinkets they had all bought and eventually got the plane light enough to fly.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
194033_207115332635586_165347483479038_862654_4010117_o.jpg

Arguably the most famous MPRA callsign/paint scheme: Strawberry 5 markings from the Battle of Midway VP-44 PBY that first spotted the Japanese carriers

Am I alone in thinking this is a better P-3 scheme than the current one?

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Not at all. I'm also partial to the old black nose paint scheme. The current all grey look doesn't do it for me.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I think they should have done an all black one or one that was painted all dark navy blue with white lettering.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'm talking all navy blue though, not the two tone one you're talking about. It looked nice, but I think a solid dark color would be pretty badass.