• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Threat ID Cards

MasterBates

Our base (MYPT) is not that bad, but some unit COs are anti-bike Nazis like CP.

I ride mine anyday I can. Sometimes just to drive the Skipper nuts.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
In all honesty, the MSF course is a good one, even for experienced riders. That said, I don't even have a sticker on my bike and don't ride it on base - just too much hassle.

Brett

I don't drive a motorcycle personally, but all the guys I know who do said it was pretty asinine... secondhand gouge, I know..

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
So, in keeping with the whole threat ID thing... We're headed up to Nellis next week to take a gander at the threat museum the AF types have up there. We're also trying to get the Air Force to give us a tour of some C2 facilities they've got there. A little field trip for the younger Marines, as well as the older, more experienced (read: gambling and seedy) of us. Anyone who's been to the museum before have suggestions of things I'd kill myself for missing? I'll be sure to take my camera with me, so as to appropriately deface USAF-owned, Soviet block items.

(No, we're not going just to visit Vegas. Who said anything about Vegas, anyway? Hey, it's not my fault the damn USAF can't fit us into their temp quarters and we have to stay on the strip.)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The petting zoo?? Lucky.

Yeah, petting zoo is good times. Good variety of Sov stuff from jets to SAM/Radar systems and AAA. This doesn't apply to Gaijin's trip, but Fly, if you ever get a chance to do the HARM SME course at China Lake, jump on it. Let's just say it makes the petting zoo look meager.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, petting zoo is good times. Good variety of Sov stuff from jets to SAM/Radar systems and AAA. This doesn't apply to Gaijin's trip, but Fly, if you ever get a chance to do the HARM SME course at China Lake, jump on it. Let's just say it makes the petting zoo look meager.

Brett

SAM systems DO interest me greatly... hmmm ;)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The petting zoo makes a great excuse to head to Vegas and gamble,drink and fornicate not that I would know

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
^What's the fixation with Vegas, damnit? I am instructed by the CO to inform all individuals that we are not going to Vegas. We are going to Nellis, and we just happen to be STAYING in Vegas. If the two just happen to be relatively co-located... Is that our fault?

And nevermind that the timing of the trip corresponds perfectly with a Crossroads of the West gun show at the Vegas convention center. Also please ignore that the staff members of the schoolhouse are obsessed with firearms, have individual arsenals larger than most South American revolutionary forces', and haven't shut up about the show since I've been here.

I never said this. I was never hear.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Back from Veg--er, Nellis today. I've got about 100 high quality pics of various threat systems (all UNCLASS), and I'll be happy to post some. But they're monster files, and I'm not sure I want to take the time to pare them all down. The museum itself is a great training tool, even if the Air Force folks who walked us around were kind of... Ok, I'll say it: "Stupid." I highly recommend a visit if you get the chance.

The rest of the weekend wasn't exactly uneventful, either. Though a bit hazy, I seem to remember something about drinking with the RAF, something about two psycho Irish girls, and something about a mother offering me her daughter. It must have been a good time. I wish it were a little clearer.

The gun show, while a bit dissappointing from the firearm perspective, was great, because I got the chance to chat with General Tibbets (of Enola Gay fame). Very interesting man, and I managed to plow through a big chunk of his book on the ride back to stumps.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Find a program that can handle batches of files. They have plenty of programs that will convert file types in batch, I'm sure something exists to do shrink/enlarge in batch.