• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomcat Parts Sold Despite Sales Ban...

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
When did AMARC change their name to AMARG? (Changing Center to Group...)? Must have been recently.

At least Marc is a masculine name, as opposed to Marg(e) which sounds like a 1950s grandmother (no offense to those "more seasoned" members of AW:icon_tong).

But I guess it is the AF, and the AF has to change names all the damn time. And of course they would go the sissy way without even knowing it. Sheesh, what's next, the 27th FS calling themselves the Sally's? :eek:

When I was in High School I got to take a tour of the boneyard with the old man. There are some cool airplanes sitting in the sun and sand out there. I'll see if I can't dig up some of those old pictures.

I think I lost a few brain cells reading that....post

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When did AMARC change their name to AMARG? (Changing Center to Group...)? Must have been recently.

Indeed. In May AMARC was folded under the 309th Maintenance Wing, and renamed to the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group.