• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Secret or Secret Clearance

investmentman

Thanks for all of the info. I was just wondering b/c my recruiter seemed confused when he was told I just needed a secret clearance. I was confused b/c I had looked at the AF before and you have to have a TS to be a pilot or nav. Thanks for the info.

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
if i were you, i'd try to find an electronic copy. much easier to update when the time comes.

snort

Banned
nittany03 said:
How does the Navy lose an SF86 form in 3 months? That HAS to be a record.
Well, it's close, but no cigar.

investmentman, If you have to worry about your clearance, you're toast. Many people view this board, and more than a few are .gov.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
nevermind, I'm behind the times on this thread.

Edit: hadn't read the whole thread before responding :)

investmentman

Snort I have nothing to worry about or hide. I guess I was just double checking myrecruiter on the whole matter. He thought I had to have TS and then said no you are just going to get secret. I didn't want to get down to OCS and have to do that process again if I did it wrong to start off with. I just know from dealing with a horrible AF recruiter that didn't have a clue what I needed, that one must double check everything his or herself to make sure that it is correct.

The one thing I have to say about the Navy is that I have had a great experience with my recruiter and he is why I chose Navy over AF.

pdx

HSM Pilot
investmentman said:
The one thing I have to say about the Navy is that I have had a great experience with my recruiter and he is why I chose Navy over AF.

The Navy is better than the AF, but recruiting experiences are a bad way to choose a service. Some of our recruiters are horrendous!

investmentman

I know that I shouldn't make a choice just b/c of recruiters and I didn't. I have researched all of the branches and looked at the AF for the mere fact that I didn't know much if any about Naval Aviation. The more I looked into it seemed that I would fit better with the Navy than the AF. I know that everyone here is Navy or Marine, but the AF is a great branch just for a different style of person. In talking with many people that have been in the Navy and AF is just became apparent that my personality and desires fit with the Navy more than the AF.