• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Toxic Thai cooters

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
But how will memories of the banana show last a lifetime if you don't save them on film??? :)
That image is permanently seared into my brain.

WRT cameras: What goes on cruise stays on cruise. Seems like you always have one idiot per cruise who screws it up for everybody. Fortunately, as a perpetually unmarried person, I am immune. :D

Brett

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Uuuhhgggg, PI, Pattaya... Man, Klosters and San Mig light give me BAAAD hangovers. One week was more than enough. Saw things that...well, if you've been there, you know what I mean, if you haven't, you don't want to (well, that's BS, you do, but i can't put it into words). Thailand is GREAT fun, but I wouldn't want to be there for a long period of time. Per diem isn't very high either - at least not at the rate i was using it!

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
PI can't hold a candle to Phuket when it comes to burning images into your retina and making you want to go to church. Been to Phuket 3 different times...all I can say is "un-friggin-real"!!! There are things that go on there that when explained to someone who hasn't been, sound humanly impossible!

I had more fun at Bali, talk about out of control party 24/7, not to mention an Aussi vacation spot (phuket is also, but more so at Bali). We pulled into Bali late 1997 and the exchange ratio was 11,500 to 1. Um, yeah, I went to the ATM, clicked "English" and clicked $100 and over a minute later this thing is still spitting out Bali money (rupiah). I was grabbing it up as fast as I could stuffing it in all pockets, handing some to my buddy and was just waiting to get mugged! I learned to stay away from that ATM, found out it dispinsed smaller bills than normal.

Moving on to US Territory, Guam was a blast! Great strip clubs, friendly people, great food etc.

Bin-Tang anyone?

navyao

I was in Pattaya in 90...The exchange rate was like 20:1 or something, needless to say I was a very rich Airman! We took a bus to Bangkok. Long ride but wow, was it worth it! The 3 or 4 days we spent there was amazing. I was 19, single, plenty of cash and duty free baby! I can understand Harrier Dude and MasterBates, I can't imagine being married while I was on active duty. I saw so many of my peers get divorced during, after and inbetween cruise and dets - it sucks. We weren't even deploying at sucha high rate back then, atleast nothing like you guys are on the move now.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
I've always heard the stories about it, but I've always been an east-coaster, so I've never been able to travel out that way.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
AHhhh, to be 19 again...Lucy's Tiger Den.....I don't think it is open since the Tiger passed away. My brother told me about his times there 67-69 or so.

Summer of 75 for me.

Memorable times.

I know a guy who was darted in the hand....plenty worried until the next 'conch' check.