• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TSA and Foot Fetishes

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
So I’m beginning to think that someone at the TSA has a foot fetish:

In addition, the agency said it will now demand that all passengers remove their shoes so they may be X-rayed.

Read the full story.

My beef is this. If you're demanding people scan their shoes now and this is based on this recent plot, which involved liquid bombs, WTF good is taking your shoes off going to do? As I said in another thread, I’m going to fly naked from now on. 'Course that could lead to mandatory fully body cavity searches and I have yet to meet a TSA employee who I’d want to do that.

There comes a point when you have to stop trading convenience and privacy rights for the risk of someone getting a bomb on board. I'd rather see the gov't spend our tax dollars and time on finding the bad guys like they did with this most recent plot - using good police work. This knee-jerk reaction to threats may make us feel a bit safer, but overall I think the net safety gain is significantly eclipsed by the suck factor that air travel now has.

Hey A4's, you're in the know, are we any safer?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In my experience, and I consider myself a frequent flier, the shoes pretty much come off already at the security screening, so what's the big change?

Brett

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
In my experience, and I consider myself a frequent flier, the shoes pretty much come off already at the security screening, so what's the big change?

Brett

Well, now I don't have a way to rebel (by not taking my shoes off) and getting that extra screening that I so enjoy. It was pretty much mandatory before if you didn't want to get bothered. Because, you know, a terrorist trying to maintain a low profile would really totally not take his shoes off and SNAP, he's be picked up by the elite TSA folks.

Besides when i see some dirty hippy ahead of me in line with all them nasty dreadlocks and unbathed bare hippy feet standing on the same plot of floor I'll have to stand on, without shoes, i wonder what kind of nasty crap I'm going to pick up from him.

'course, i do have some pretty nasty feet myself.

pdx

HSM Pilot
RIGHT !!! And he's Norweigan.

These Norwegians just aren't as big a threat as they used to be.

knutel.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
These Norwegians just aren't as big a threat as they used to be.

knutel.jpg

NOPE ... and neither are Norwegians (sic) ... oooops to me in the spellcheck dept.

And I should know better, as my much improved over the original equipment, replacement wife ... is ONE .... :)

And although she is gorgeous and everyman's "Dream Girl" .... I still HATE Lutefisk ... and so does she ... :)

A4-Utfallend%28lutefisk%29.jpg

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Still don't understand why they've made me take my FLIP FLOPS off going through security. Think about that one people...

pdx

HSM Pilot
NOPE ... and neither are Norwegians (sic) ... oooops to me in the spellcheck dept.

And I should know better, as my much improved over the original equipment, replacement wife ... is ONE .... :)

And although she is gorgeous and everyman's "Dream Girl" .... I still HATE Lutefisk ... and so does she ... :)

A4-Utfallend%28lutefisk%29.jpg

No doubt that lutefisk is foul. I'm trying to weight the situation, however.

Pros: Gorgeous dream girl, hates lutefisk
Cons: Comes from the culture that invented lutefisk.

I'd say the pros outweigh the cons. Does she have a younger sister?

kidding, kidding, please don't strike me down with lightening bolts.

usmcecho4

pilot
My beef is this. If you're demanding people scan their shoes now and this is based on this recent plot, which involved liquid bombs, WTF good is taking your shoes off going to do?

A bit odd that after the SHOE BOMBER we weren't required to de-shoe but after an alleged liquid bomb plot we are. Good thinking.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4