• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tuberculosis Patient

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Hope he's a good lawyer, because he's about to get alot of practice. One thing that amazes me is that when I listened to the report about this on 'The Morning Show" on CBS, their main concern was the legality of the Quarrentine Laws he was being held under.

They have been doing a real nice job of making him into the victim. Selfish? - absolutely. Law breaker? - I have no idea. Would they put up with this crap 50 years ago? - I dont know, I wasnt around (A4s can take it from here :D) but I would say no. They most defenitley wouldn't be booking his ass as the top story on Good Morning America or whatever crappy AM show he was on.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Has anyone else heard that his father-in-law is THE infectious/drug-resistant TB research guy for the CDC? Heard that mentioned on the radio this morning, and just wondering.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Because he did nothing illegal.

I think we have a winner.

Some more gouge on the guy, and his father in law, from the NYT.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/31/h...WAY&adxnnlx=1180707389-ZQ+HgXuYUyOSjdEPYmWn5Q

I gotta wonder why, up to now, none of his family tested positive? His (first fiance, then) wife tested negative as of a few days ago.
I smell a hysterical event in the making by CNN, and other news people.

Could it be that doctors told him he was non-contagious?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Because he did nothing illegal.
Yes he did. If they can prove he knew he carried a sometimes deadly and always dangerous infectious deasese, then the crime would be Negligent Endangerment (or whatever the appropriate jurisdiction calls such a crime) And yes, people have gone to jail for having HIV and then having sex without informing the other person. I don't believe you can argue a highly educated person with a father in law in the medical field does not know that TB is dangerously infectious and he should not travel. That makes him more then a douche bag. He is a criminal. He also, reportedly, recorded his last meeting with his doctor before he left the country. Why do you suppose he did that? To have a record of the precise words the doctor used so he could parse the words and have a defense for not doing the right thing? Sneaking back into the US is an indicator that he knew he was wrong to travel as well. And how about that father in law? Did he know his future son in law had TB. If so what did he tell him? Did the father in law travel to Europe for the wedding too? I think he has some questions to answer. Maybe he is just a douche bag. But Speaker is a criminal.

He did not have to be a criminal to be kept in the US. He did not have to be jailed. Public Health laws allow for involuntary or forcible quarantine. Clearly that is what should have happened.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I smell a hysterical event in the making by CNN, and other news people.

Not like it hasn't happened before.;)

Could it be that doctors told him he was non-contagious?

Doubt it. If Speaker recorded converstations with his doc that indicate that, then we would have heard them by now. In any case, CDC reports that he was told not to travel.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I can't believe you guys are jumping on this dude... he had a wedding to go to.

You guys need to grow up, stop being so immature...

Not..

this guy is a douche

if what the media is reporting is accurate, then I hope he goes to a federal pound me in the ass prison. maybe he'll catch something there

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
Yes he did. If they can prove he knew he carried a sometimes deadly and always dangerous infectious deasese, then the crime would be Negligent Endangerment (or whatever the appropriate jurisdiction calls such a crime) And yes, people have gone to jail for having HIV and then having sex without informing the other person.

It's true, I saw it on Law & Order: SVU.

I don't believe you can argue a highly educated person with a father in law in the medical field does not know that TB is dangerously infectious and he should not travel.

I definitely agree, but at the same time, to play devil's advocate, could you also say that an educated man, wise with TB-specific information from his father, who knows that the whole time he's had TB nobody has been infected and knows specific symptoms putting him in a non-infectious state, be claimed responsible enough to use said education to deem himself not a risk? If nobody tests positive for TB, then it might not be such an outlandish claim. That aside, yes, he is a dousche and I hope he gets prosecuted to the fullest; unfortunately he might be a wily dousche...

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Who would have thought that a personal injury lawyer would do something like this? I mean, they're usually such high-caliber people...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I definitely agree, but at the same time, to play devil's advocate, could you also say that an educated man, wise with TB-specific information from his father, who knows that the whole time he's had TB nobody has been infected and knows specific symptoms putting him in a non-infectious state, be claimed responsible enough to use said education to deem himself not a risk? If nobody tests positive for TB, then it might not be such an outlandish claim. That aside, yes, he is a dousche and I hope he gets prosecuted to the fullest; unfortunately he might be a wily dousche...

Sounds like something a personal injury lawyer would try. But his amateur medical sleuthing and deduction counts for what, when a doc and the CDC say "do not travel"? Lets see, if an airline captain decides not to launch into weather but the private pilot passenger that has an important business meeting to get to says "lets go, I know what I am talking about" then we defer to the amateur ? Devils advocate, I know. ;)

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
I hope this guy gets nailed with Negligent Endangerment. What an irresponsible moron, educated or not.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
.... Well, it turns out he raduated from the Boat School. Given his age, 31, I would guess he graduated in 97, 98 or 99.

I do not think he did. Possibly Class of 97, but he is not in the '98, '99 nor '00 Luckybag.