• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USS Kitty Hawk: strange but true facts about the Old Girl

ghost

working, working, working ...
pilot
Why do they have one in the first place?

There are ready rooms on the second deck (below the hanger). I think were put in to get crews up from the ready rooms to the flight deck in flight gear (4 decks would be a lot of ladders to get up with everything on).

If you get the forward escalator moving be careful. It has a few missing steps in it that are usually hidden.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My experience w/ HAWK and the CONNIE -- the Ready Rooms were scattered throughout the ship -- some above and some below the hangar deck. I.e., fighters and Hummers were above, the rest of the Air Group/Wing below -- the arrangement and assignments had something to do w/ response time to Alert-5's & 15's ... :)

The advent of the armored flight decks made moot most of the WW-2 lessons, I would guess. :confused:

The Ready Rooms on the 27-C's -- TICO, LEX, O-BOAT, HAND-JOB -- were all above the hangar deck.
I can't remember where they were on the IKE -- blotted that one from memory.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
My experience w/ HAWK and the CONNIE -- the Ready Rooms were scattered throughout the ship -- some above and some below the hangar deck. I.e., fighters and Hummers were above, the rest of the Air Group/Wing below -- the arrangement and assignments had something to do w/ response time to Alert-5's & 15's ... :)

The advent of the armored flight decks made moot most of the WW-2 lessons, I would guess. :confused:

The Ready Rooms on the 27-C's -- TICO, LEX, O-BOAT, HAND-JOB -- were all above the hangar deck.[/B] I can't remember where they were on the IKE -- blotted that one from memory.

Ike's a Nimitz clone so they're all on the 0-3 level. Only older ones I spent any time on were JFK (all 0-3 level) and Indy (RAG CQ 1st deck for Prowlers). The other oil burners (Connie, America and Sara) I was on and off the same day for CQ.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Hey...what can I tell ya. My call sign was destined to either be Mumbles, because of my purported lack of elocution, or Jimmy Two Times.....now I gotta go get the papers, get the papers.