• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

V-22 enters full production

vvmountainvv

by the way, the first SNA's to complete the osprey pilot training syllabus are getting winged today at NASWF. they will be the first brand new wingers to fly it as far as i know. congrats to them.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are still a large amount of "Osprey's are death traps" people out there. No matter what facts you present them, they still go back to years ago when it was a different bird.

I think it's a bad a@@ aircraft.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
phrogdriver said:
Try NEXT year. HMM-263 has already turned over their CH-46s.

I was thinking along the lines of when I finish training and there are enough 46s changed over where I will see them a lot more...

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
MIDNJAC said:
Is that an option for Navy SNA's too, or just the Marines as of yet?

Just Marines at this point, I think the Navy is thinking mainly about the 60 right now and maybe the 22 much farther down the road...

Lawman

None
Fly Navy said:
There are still a large amount of "Osprey's are death traps" people out there. No matter what facts you present them, they still go back to years ago when it was a different bird.

I think it's a bad a@@ aircraft.

Funny how once an aircraft gets that title it almost never gets away no matter how good it comes out. Anybody else remember the Early Blackhawk years :icon_smil .

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Goes back further than that... CH-46 was (is?) a crash monster. Can we say F-14 prototypes?

TurbosaurusRex

Air Predator Extraordinaire
I spoke with a Master Sergeant from New River (good friend of my parents) who says they're CURRENTLY training Air Force and Navy pilots along with the Marines. Since I haven't heard of or seen any Navy SNA's selecting V-22's out of Primary, I'm pretty sure they must be senior 0-3's and 0-4's. Anybody else heard anything like this?

phrogpilot73

Marine4life said:
Not to mention the YF-16 and the AV-8. :eek:
Ahh, the North Carolina lawn dart... Got a bad rap actually, when it first came out they only had test pilots flying it, so their mishap rate was REALLY low. Then they figured, hey - it can hover - let's throw helo guys in there. Then there mishap rate went through the roof because of CFIT. Numbers can be deceiving.