• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

V-22 enters full production

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
To be honest, I see those dignitaries flying in the Osprey more of propaganda than as education, my opinion. In educating, I meant is there anybody going around to squadrons and giving PME briefs as to the capabilities, safety, etc or has there been any Osprey sim time dedicated to PME? We get JSF people giving us briefs all the time selling its capabilities, including dragging a simulator around with them.

I agree with your last statement, I guess it happens everytime a new aircraft is introduced, there are people who finds flaws & complain. In the end though, there is no stopping the Osprey or JSF from entering service, whether pilots like it or not.

Have you heard when the Osprey will have a shop at the "Chicken ranch" in Yuma?

S/F

How much more educating can you do? Every kind of press imaginable has flown in it, as have the Commandant and SgtMaj of the Marine Corps, SecAF, multiple undersecretaries of defense, etc, etc. Ospreys fly over New River every day, including a 16 aircraft flyby and the NR Airshow.

I'm sure there were people in the 1920s still refusing to give up their horses because the automobile was just too dangerous. Those people eventually realized they couldn't travel as far or as fast as their neighbors, or else time just passed them by and forgot about them. Same deal here.

No matter what the V-22 does, it will never satisfy the determined critics. If some don't want to fly it, fine. When they're flying ash-and-trash at some obscure outpost at 90 KIAS, they can still retain their sense of moral indignation.