• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VAQ-136 Gaunlet Drinking Flag

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Note that the seller (fatslowfirsttodie) is FPO -- probably Japan -- has no prior feedback, and put the flag up there the same day he/she joined EBay ... it's up to $330 and the reserve is still not met ...

Methinks it's one of the Marines @ Iwakuni ... :) ... or some ne'er-do-well Naval Aviation type in Atsugi ...

And the flag is stolen ... :) ... which EBay would like to know.

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
I wonder if their coffee mess officer knows it's up for sale??? Or maybe he's selling it :D

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
not stolen. things like this fall under the "borrowed indefinitely" category. or, if you're a suppo type, 'non-standard acquisition"

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
not stolen. things like this fall under the "borrowed indefinitely" category. or, if you're a suppo type, 'non-standard acquisition"
Yeah .. whatever. But were it MY squadron, I'd be pissed.

But then, my squadron(s) never "lost" anything ... :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Oh, well ...VAQ-136 was fucked up, anyway ... :)

Points to whomever knows what became of their first C.O. ....

Points to whomever knows what the nickname was of their second C.O. ...

Points to whomever knows the name of the Continental SCAB second from right on the PLATFORM ...

:)

IRONCLAW ARRIVING ... !!!

dsc01912yy7.jpg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Me thinks this is all tom-foolery. They may have made the reserve some un-godly amount of money (> $1 Mil?). Have there been demands for the holders of the flag?

-ea6bflyr ;)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
This pisses me off. Actions like this will result in the end of "JO fun" when the senior officers end up getting involved. Stealing the flag and ransoming it back is good fun, selling it on e-bay is bull shit.

I did report it to e-bay as stolen. Not sure if it will help because e-bay has blown off these reports before, but I tried.

Edit: After thinking about what e6bflyer said in post #13 below, I sent the e-bay seller a message and he responded. I have since told e-bay I was wrong on the stolen property report. My apologies for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
i did my first class middie cruise with these guys...pretty funny dudes

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Hmmm....let's see. A first post by "Gauntlet Pride" and it just so happens to be this flag that he came across searching for CAG-5 stuff on ebay. I smell tomfoolery here. I think a couple of replies hit it right on the head. Said flag stolen by rival squadron, put on e-bay with ridiculous reserve with no real intention to sell. Eventually squadron gets flag back either through counter strike ops or by trading prisoners.
I like it!

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor