• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VAQ-136 Gaunlet Drinking Flag

GauntletPride

This pisses me off. Actions like this will result in the end of "JO fun" when the senior officers end up getting involved. Stealing the flag and ransoming it back is good fun, selling it on e-bay is bull shit.

I did report it to e-bay as stolen. Not sure if it will help because e-bay has blown off these reports before, but I tried.

It made the back of the airplan so I think senior officers are laughing as well...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Norm Davis is apparently living the dream in New Zealand, studying snails....

http://www.naval-aviator.net/network/whoweare.htm#davis-ne0
Correct-O ... leave it to a spy to track it down. They lived just down the street from us prior to his retirement. Good fellow ..

Norm(al) Davis is living, breathin', and has been chasin' sheep, Annette, the airlines, and parasites in Kiwi-land for the past 35 or so years ...

Good job, spook. + some points ... :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It made the back of the airplan so I think senior officers are laughing as well...

So are the Mods at your three tries to spell Gauntlet correctly (gaunletpride@gmail.com ring a bell?). Methinks the Gauntlets ought to be asking you how proud you really are....

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Points to whomever knows the name of the Continental SCAB second from right on the PLATFORM ...

dsc01912yy7.jpg
:icon_rage Don't know. Looks familiar....... But to know one was to know them all. :icon_rage :icon_rage

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
maybe it's time for a little history lesson from the older, wiser, grayer NA's for this silly SNA, but I was lookin at the pic going wha?? no white vests on the LSO platform??

when did the current flight deck color scheme come on board? or were those mustachioed legends of Naval Aviation's past just too damn cool for their vests?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
maybe it's time for a little history lesson from the older, wiser, grayer NA's for this silly SNA, but I was lookin at the pic going wha?? no white vests on the LSO platform??

1. when did the current flight deck color scheme come on board?
2. or were those mustachioed legends of Naval Aviation's past just too damn cool for their vests?

1. The late '60's/early '70's ... whenever we could beg, borrow, or steal one ... a "white" vest that you commonly see today -- I've still got mine (don't ask why; I don't know) but mostly we wore inflatable "belts" ... see pix below for belts on left (yours truly) & center ... flight gear substitute on STOOF Driver on right:

dsc01887vestqu3.jpg

2. Why yes ... yes we were ... :) Besides ... the potential for "abuse" w/ the white vests was too great ... one A-7 LSO trainee who ultimately did NOT make the grade had "CHUMP" written in black magic marker across the back of his vest for an entire cruise ... and he never did notice it. I guess there's a moral to the story therein ...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
1. The late '60's/early '70's ... whenever we could beg, borrow, or steal one ... a "white" vest that you commonly see today -- I've still got mine (don't ask why; I don't know) but mostly we wore inflatable "belts" ... see pix below for belts on left (yours truly) & center ... flight gear substitute on STOOF Driver on right:

dsc01887vestqu3.jpg
Although an obviously "posed" pic, it looks like our LSO guys didn't have any flotation gear! :eek: (circa '72)

lsojc5.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Although an obviously "posed" pic, it looks like our LSO guys didn't have any flotation gear! :eek: (circa '72)

lsojc5.jpg

Plus ... your phone talker/hook spotter is running the MOVLAS !!! :eek:

Do you remember if the guy on the far left went by the moniker of "Sarge" ??? He looks familiar ..

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Plus ... your phone talker/hook spotter is running the MOVLAS !!! :eek:

Do you remember if the guy on the far left went by the moniker of "Sarge" ??? He looks familiar ..

The guy on the far left? It has been too many years to remember. I think he was an A-7 guy, but I could be wrong.