• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vfa-211

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Grant said:
I figured they'd change it because it would be kinda strange to be the Tomcatters, when they no longer fly Tomcats. Just doesnt seem logical.

why don't you tell VMA-311 that?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Why not rename 'em the Timmy Kittens? Any takers? How about Timmy the Tooths or just the generic F A Gs.

They've been the Tomcatters since 1948; something tells me they ain't gonna change for the Super Bug.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
UInavy said:
I was thinking more along the lines of "future fry cooks of America."

Sorry, Integer and I already are American fry cooks; you know, pimply, slightly over weight, that deal. Maybe we can be Future Fast Food Managers of America.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
UInavy said:
We all have dreams.

Speaking of which, I ought to get some good old REM--you get the last laugh here. You are older and wiser, and I am well, just the future, and consequently nothing at present. (Me)-------> :sleep_125

B

Blutonski816

eddiemac0 said:
They've been the Tomcatters since 1948; something tells me they ain't gonna change for the Super Bug.

The name "Tomcatters" has been used since '48, but the actual use of the Felix The Cat insignia has been used since 1929.

That reminds me of that clip in the Fighter Fling 2004 video where the "Fighting 31" insignia turns all purple and says "STRKFITRON 31" and the caption reads "Right now, the Tomcatters are glad they aren't becoming the Hornettes."

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BadBobJr. said:
All,
I'm being sent to NAS Lemoore this summer on a MIDN cruise. I'm just curious if anybody knows if VFA-211 is still there transitioning to the Super Hornets. If you do, please post. I'm also curious about VF(A)-154. thanks

Unique member name...Back in the late 80s, the CO of VF-211 was "BadBob" McCort. Any relation?

I was in VF-114 just down the hall from then in Hangar 3 at NAS Miramar.

Status
Not open for further replies.