• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VP Squadron Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Still get the heebeejeebees thinking about intentionally shutting down motors for long durations inflight to save fuel....

"Gutsiest move I ever saw."

r/
G

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cool video. I thought cruise videos were supposed to be of all the antics that the JOs perpetrated upon the O-4s, yes? Anyone know what editing software they used to put that together? I've used a combination of Vegas and MS Movie Maker for stuff liek that, but it always ends up taking way too long. What are other people using?

Brett

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Schnuggapup said:
Still get the heebeejeebees thinking about intentionally shutting down motors for long durations inflight to save fuel....

sometimes we shut down 2 of 4.....

beau

haha.......'cause I'm the TACCO'...oh man! It's like a big soap opera on a P-3 eh?

B

Blutonski816

Brett327 said:
Cool video. I thought cruise videos were supposed to be of all the antics that the JOs perpetrated upon the O-4s, yes? Anyone know what editing software they used to put that together? I've used a combination of Vegas and MS Movie Maker for stuff liek that, but it always ends up taking way too long. What are other people using?

Brett

I've seen some work done with Pinnacle Studio...

And yes, It isn't a cruise video unless the JOs are screwing around.... :D

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Beau, you have no idea. 11 personalities...if you can make it through a tour you should get a degree in psychology. The psychotic Flight Engineer, the pessimistic 2P. the idiot-savant navigator...the narcissist Plane Commander constantly flexing and combing his hair...ahem...it's f-ing drama non-stop. Most of our qualification boards have a "personality" or "individual behavior" scenario...price you pay for fun'n'games in the Warpig...

and maybe it's the 4 scotch and sodas I've had (Sharper Image Breathalyzer is clocking me at 0.10 and it's 20:05 Friday night, look out 'large ladies')...but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Proof that you will have a loyalty to whatever you fly and the folks brave enough to trust your hands. All you people out there worried about what you will end up flying, it's what you make it.

...sniffle...what a f@g...

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
your FLIR kicks @ss. Now I know why we like having you overhead

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
zab1001 said:
...if you can make it through a tour you should get a degree in psychology. The psychotic Flight Engineer, the pessimistic 2P. the idiot-savant navigator...the narcissist Plane Commander constantly flexing and combing his hair...ahem...it's f-ing drama non-stop. ...sniffle...what a f@g...

YOU Cracked me up, Zab .... you are hereby qualified in the 747 for TransPacs ... your psyco-personality cross-section of the crew is almost a mirror image of a B747 cockpit, except for the altitude, mach #, and paycheck ... ahem ... ahem ...

hati24ru.jpg
Hati ... (Hawaiian Air Turbulence Indicator) @ 35,000 enroute Tokyo

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
IFT2O said:
Yeah, sometimes we fuel chop #2 as we are trying to loiter #1 YIKES!

Masirah Oman 96?

since when do we use the fuel and ignition switch to shut down engines for loiter? is that how it used to be done? Seems if you fuel chopped it you'd decouple.... we use the E handle now. If you've got a special FE in the seat EVERYBODY checks him on the E handle.

not trying to bust your balls, just curious if you'd seen things done differently than me - i've only been in the community for about 1.25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.