• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VQ3 or VQ4

Choose VQ3 or VQ4?

• Total voters

f18driver23

Title says it all guys. Going E-6s. Finishing up T-1s here in Vance this October. Which squadron should I pick? VQ3/VQ4? Which CO is the most chill and non bs. AKA stems away from the USAF Jazz?

I am a Navy guy by heart. Trained at Corpus for Primary so I want to go back to the Navy Regime. As much of a Navy Regime can be at an Air Force base.

Will I get to move to OKC first and then go to Survival school? Or will I have to go to survival school first and then move to OKC? Looking to buy a house in the Moore area around Nov. 1st.

Thanks all
Mr. Bueno

Jay

I think the first step would be to change your screen name. All joking aside, I think the E-6 would be a blast, and tell anyone in 07-02 I said word, sorry can't help with your question.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
The politics, CO, and whole squadron morale and mentality waver from year to year with both squadrons, so you it is pretty much luck of the draw. Do you prefer deploying to the west coast most of the time or east? I came from 3, and it was a great time, but sometimes I wished I was in 4 and lots of guys in 4 wished that they were in 3 during some of their rough spots. The XO from 3 is a S-3 NFO and he is awesome, and their current CO is pretty chill, so I suspect good things in the near future, but it will all probably change.

f18driver23

e-6flyer-

I heard the same thing on the street in regards to VQ3. To answer your question...I would prefer tooling around the east coast and europe, but I really dont care either way. CO and the way he runs his ship is very important.

I guess west coast, Australia/Hawaii, etc would be neat too.

I am sure it is cyclical. how long you been out of the mercury?

MR> B

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The politics, CO, and whole squadron morale and mentality waver from year to year with both squadrons, so you it is pretty much luck of the draw. Do you prefer deploying to the west coast most of the time or east? I came from 3, and it was a great time, but sometimes I wished I was in 4 and lots of guys in 4 wished that they were in 3 during some of their rough spots. The XO from 3 is a S-3 NFO and he is awesome, and their current CO is pretty chill, so I suspect good things in the near future, but it will all probably change.

Concur. I didn't want to go on a rant about a community I'm not familiar with, but trying to game what squadron you go to based on who the front office happens to be at that point in time is just silly. Squadrons are constantly evolving. You will have 3-4 Skippers during your tour and things can go from great to suck then back to great again in no time. A squadron can go from being the Battle E winner one year, to being the laughing stock of the community the next. Bottom line, if you can choose your squadron, do it based on tangible, concrete considerations like location or deployment sites, not on front office personalities.

Brett

f18driver23

pretty good advice man. I will take that one to the bank. That is some excellent advice. Thanks man. never thought of it like that.

MR> B

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
What locations do E-6 pilots deploy to?

Mostly Pax River, MD, Offutt, NE, and Fairfield, CA with other random conus bases thrown in there and overseas every now and then. Do a search for details. I will say that the mission is evolving a bit and deployments/locations are looking to change in the near future. You can guess where.