• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VQ3 or VQ4

Choose VQ3 or VQ4?

• Total voters

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
I'm sorry, i just saw a poll and voted. I couldn't help myself. I don't know anything about VQ3 or 4. I do like the number 3 more though so i think that's why i picked 3.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I heard the CO in 3 is way cooler though. EP's for everyone!

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Actually HAL's statment is correct.... To correctly evaluate his quote... OK=4.0 3=wire.. So an "OK 3 wire" is the best pass one could get.. Assuming they are targeting the 3 wire.. If they were targeting the 4 wire than an "OK 4 wire" would be the best pass... :confused:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Actually HAL's statment is correct.... To correctly evaluate his quote... OK=4.0 3=wire.. So an "OK 3 wire" is the best pass one could get.. Assuming they are targeting the 3 wire.. If they were targeting the 4 wire than an "OK 4 wire" would be the best pass... :confused:
*SIGH* .... spoken like a true "non"-LSO ......

4.0 is as good as it gets .... period.

You can get a 2-wire, 3-wire, or a 4-wire "OK" pass ... I know, as I've gotten them and given hundreds of the same ....

It doesn't get any better than 4.0 ... no matter what the "new math" thinks ... come fly on my deck some time and learn to come to Jesus.

I like 4.0

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
A-4s all true.. How the 4.0 comes doesn't matter.. But I have also broke at the stearn and been high and fast, LIG all the way and still gotten the 4.0 upgrade but it ain't the perfect pass by anymeans... An OK pass to the targeted wire is the goal would technically be the best pass.. But don't forget about the OK underlined... Those exist from time to time... But most of those ain't about the wire but getting aboard... :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A-4s all true.. How the 4.0 comes doesn't matter.. But I have also broke at the stearn and been high and fast, LIG all the way and still gotten the 4.0 upgrade but it ain't the perfect pass by anymeans... An OK pass to the targeted wire is the goal would technically be the best pass.. But don't forget about the OK underlined... Those exist from time to time... But most of those ain't about the wire but getting aboard... :)

I think I love you. Or at least your attitude. No need to come sit on my lap, just yet, however.

I also lead a 500 KIAS 3-plane fan break at the ship --- we broke at the stern --- no LIG for anyone --- got onspeed just prior to the burble. We three got aboard and got the ONLY 3 "OK"'s of a 27 plane recovery. Overall, it was a zoo. It was a recovery from hell.

I wasn't high and fast ... I never came up on the power until I reached the burble ... :eek: ... it was a "zip-lip" recovery, but someone came up on frequency and said "ALLLL-L-L-L-L-L-RIGHT !!!" when we were in the break. :) So much for EMCON.

An O.K. usually requires that you save someone's life while trapping aboard. It seldom occurs ....

Still ... and O.K. is an O.K. .... and a 4.0 :)