• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WAITING GAME AFTER BOARD CONVENE DATE

DIVO

This years goals - HCA only
FY15grads - HCA -- 7 (filled)
FY16 grads -- 8 available (student programs)
HCA Direct Accession - goal of 12 - received 21kits (all in OCT)

MSCHCA

Extremely valuable information, thank you. You've provided more info over the last two weeks than I've had over the last two months.

DIVO

Sure -- sometime as a recruiter there is a lot of BS paperwork thrown in our faces.... if you were my DEPT head, you'd be screaming that my training jacket sucks. :) I figure time spent answering questions bodes better for the Navy than a perfect training binder... that, plus I can take the screaming...

DIVO

Ask me specific specialties -- and yes, there is sometimes a goal of zero for some positions.

DIVO

Odds. Depends on the kits that are submitted. How qualified are those people. And maybe what you write in your recon letter and if you have done anything to improve your kit from the first application.
Boards typically want to see growth...

MSCHCA

This years goals - HCA only
FY15grads - HCA -- 7 (filled)
FY16 grads -- 8 available (student programs)
HCA Direct Accession - goal of 12 - received 21kits (all in OCT)
I'm obviously reading into this, considering that I REALLY want to get back in.... I noticed that for the first number, you mentioned that 7/7 slots were "filled"; and that for the FY16 grads, 8 positions were "available"; however, for the HCA DA, you wrote "goal" of 12 and that 21 kits were received. Did the word "goal" imply that people were not actually selected yet?

DIVO

I'm obviously reading into this, considering that I REALLY want to get back in.... I noticed that for the first number, you mentioned that 7/7 slots were "filled"; and that for the FY16 grads, 8 positions were "available"; however, for the HCA DA, you wrote "goal" of 12 and that 21 kits were received. Did the word "goal" imply that people were not actually selected yet?

Pretty sure the goal has been selected.

Navyhopeful5

For the specialties that are closed, people have already been selected? It's just that no one has received a final select letter yet? Do you know what the hold up is for the selection letters?

Navyhopeful5

Does anyone know for sure that there will be an accession plan this year? i.e. will anyone receive a final selection letter AND report date in FY2014?

We're already 4 months into this FY so if it takes more months on top of that to formulate a plan, then I can imagine a scenario where no one will actually ship for DA in 2014. Is this possible?