• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wanna see some SWOs squirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
So I'm over at Sailorbob.com and these SWOs are having a little debate about wearing brown shoes. They seem to be split on the "have some pride, wear black shoes" and "regs is regs, I'll wear what I want."

I put in my 2 cents...."Yeah, but the consequences of flying are a tad more severe than driving a ship. How many ships have fallen to the bottom of the ocean in a matter of seconds? How many SWOs have died while on duty?

If flying is part time employment at best, who's smarter? Aviators for working half as hard, or SWOs for working twice as hard, all for the same paycheck?

And don't worry, I'll still wear my SWO pin when I get winged, just so I can say "Go ahead, throw your stress grenades...I've seen worse.""

Yeah, they're all going off over there. Buncha babies.

petescheu

Road Program said:
If flying is part time employment at best, who's smarter? Aviators for working half as hard, or SWOs for working twice as hard, all for the same paycheck?

Actually, the best part is, we don't even get the same paycheck- flight pay is what makes working half as hard for MORE money the best part of it...

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Road Program said:
And don't worry, I'll still wear my SWO pin when I get winged, just so I can say "Go ahead, throw your stress grenades...I've seen worse.""

You can wear two warfare pins? Won't your chest get a little heavy? :icon_smil

Road Program

None
Yep, you can wear two, just like the guys with ESWS and EAWS pins. I'm still sort of throwing that one back and forth. Part of me wants to wear it when I get winged because I worked so freakin' hard for it, the other part of me doesn't want it infecting my uniform and distracting from those beautiful wings. I guess I still have a little while to make a decision about that.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
You know, a small, tiny, few of us actually choose to go SWO as opposed to something else. I know it might be hard to beleive, but some people actually don't want to be aviators. That said, yes, I've met a bunch of SWO's that are whiny, complaining little brats who are just unhappy that they are SWO's.....but don't put all of us into one group. :D

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
EngineGirl said:
You know, a small, tiny, few of us actually choose to go SWO as opposed to something else. I know it might be hard to beleive, but some people actually don't want to be aviators. That said, yes, I've met a bunch of SWO's that are whiny, complaining little brats who are just unhappy that they are SWO's.....but don't put all of us into one group. :D

you should really see a mental health physician.... j/k

U bring up a good point, I know how you feel... Not everyone wants to be a jet pilot.... There are those of us, who had the choice to go jets, but chose to go helos.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Navy needs good SWOs. I had just about had my fillof bad on an Amphib then went over to a Frigate for some mission planning and it was a breath of fresh air. They were professional knowledgeable and all about getting the mission done. I was very impressed with the ships captain but I didnt hear too muhc complaining about being a SWO from anyone there.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bch said:
There are those of us, who had the choice to go jets, but chose to go helos.

Just cause you don't want to fly jets, doesn't mean you don't want to be a jet pilot. :icon_smil

but yes...people who want to go SWO... seek help

rare21

pilot
Contributor
squeeze said:
Just cause you don't want to fly jets, doesn't mean you don't want to be a jet pilot. :icon_smil

uh wuh? i think it does mean that.

Bevo16

pilot
EngineGirl said:
You know, a small, tiny, few of us actually choose to go SWO as opposed to something else. I know it might be hard to beleive, but some people actually don't want to be aviators.

Not to be a jerk or anything, but why do you spend so much time on "Air Warriors" if you are so happy in SWO land?

RP, don't worry to much about that SWO pin. You are going to be in a flight suit 99% of the time anyway. It is going to be hard to find someone that will make a leather patch with wings and water wings on it. Once you get winged, you will forget all about your unclean past.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Anyone else find it amusing that the Naval Aviator's forum is called "Air Warriors" and the SWO forum is called "Sailor Bob"?

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Bevo said:
Not to be a jerk or anything, but why do you spend so much time on "Air Warriors" if you are so happy in SWO land?

There is alot of good (and someitmes entertaining) information about things besides aviation on AW. If you check my profile, you'll see I'm a member of the Private Spouses Forum. I spend a majority of my time on this sight there.

EngineGirl

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, you can wear two "Warfare" devices...including any enlisted ones you've earned. Just remember, Your Pilot or NFO wings will REPLACE the EAWS wings. The same is true for the Surface Pin (it will replace the ESWS).
ea6bflyr
P.S.- I still wear my Enlisted Aircrew Wings below my NFO wings.

Road Program

None
I figure with my two shiny gold warfare pins (wings on top) I'll look like I know something when I'm wearing my blues and giving a speech to my mom's class of "special needs" children.

Nah...I'll just wear the bag. It looks cooler and hides mustard stains pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.