• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wanna see some SWOs squirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
shoo24 said:
Actually, the best part is, we don't even get the same paycheck- flight pay is what makes working half as hard for MORE money the best part of it...
Actually...this isn't quite true. The dept. head bonuses (which SWO's get at about the same point that aviators start drawing their retention bonuses) are pretty high right now and getting higher. And they're more than aviator bonuses. Oh, and the highest paid officers in the United States Navy are...SWO NUKES! Don't believe me? Do your homework and crunch the numbers. Of course there's a reason they get paid so much...
:eek:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Go Nuke and SELL YOUR SOUL for $$$$. No thanks. SWO's eat their young. If you are in the Navy for the money, your in the WRONG business.
ea6bflyr

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
ea6bflyr said:
Go Nuke and SELL YOUR SOUL for $$$$. No thanks. SWO's eat their young. If you are in the Navy for the money, your in the WRONG business.
ea6bflyr
Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree with you completely. I just posted my comment in response to another poster saying that aviators make more $$ than SWO's (in general), which just isn't true. I agree, though, that it's NOT worth the money (which is why I made the comment that "there's a reason they get paid so much..."--cuz the job SUCKS!).
And being an ex-Nuke (enlisted), I totally understand the "Selling your soul" part. I'm still trying to buy mine back!!!! :icon_rage

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good luck with that...I hope the bank can cover that type of money. ;)
ea6bflyr

nfo2b said:
And being an ex-Nuke (enlisted), I totally understand the "Selling your soul" part. I'm still trying to buy mine back!!!! :icon_rage

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Hey Road Program, you can't escape SWO completely. Every squadron has a SWO (senior watch officer) which is the senior LT. Seeing how you're going to flight school as a JG, it looks like you'll get to be a SWO in more ways than one ;)

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
Yep, you can wear two, just like the guys with ESWS and EAWS pins. I'm still sort of throwing that one back and forth. Part of me wants to wear it when I get winged because I worked so freakin' hard for it, the other part of me doesn't want it infecting my uniform and distracting from those beautiful wings. I guess I still have a little while to make a decision about that.

Hey Roady,

I'd keep the SWO pin. You said you were gonna be a FO right? You realize that FO wings actually weigh half as much as pilot wings? You're gonna need that SWO pin to keep your center of gravity (CG) within limits.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Red2 said:
Anyone else find it amusing that the Naval Aviator's forum is called "Air Warriors" and the SWO forum is called "Sailor Bob"?

You'd have to understand the history behind Sailor Bob. Here's a little trivia for you. Why is Air Warriors titled as such?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i'm thinking air warriors is from the book of the same name. now on sailor bob i have never seen so many people B***H so much!

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
rare21 said:
i'm thinking air warriors is from the book of the same name. now on sailor bob i have never seen so many people B***H so much!

Yes, on the book.

Haven't a clue what you're talking about re: SB

Status
Not open for further replies.