• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Want to redesignate from SNFO to Supply

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
I will have a hard time in API and this is not what i want.

I'm sure other communities in the Navy will be happy to get someone as motivated as you are to take up challanges! *sarcasm* No job in the Navy is easy; they will all require some sort of sacrifice, and probably humble you at times. If you don't want a challange -> QUIT!

Sabre170

None
You have made it to OCS and have made it half way. As long as you pass the tests, I wouldn't care what the scores were. Once you get across the street to API the tests will come fast and furious. I ama business major and never saw some of the API topics before. I had to study and did fine, but remember during API you have a lot more free time than you do at OCS... You will not be preparing for a RLP, and you will get a Dump Sheet for each test. Flight school is very doable for anyone who wants it (from the NFO side)

If you have already made up your mind and are willing to live with the What Ifs than talk to your class chief and start looking to switch now and make sure you think about the others who WANTED the NFO slot and didn't get it becuase you did.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, those are my reasons for redegsinating. I practice alot but still have troube treading water. My run is time is 11 min in 1.5 mile which is pretty bad for aviator standard. In addition, im like 5-4 and 125lb. I stick out like a sore thumb compare to other aviators. I just don't feel that im physically fit in the aviation community. I guess you could say that im too conscious physically about myself. . My test scores for the classes (navigation, seamanship, divo, warfare, etc) taken at OCS were below the class average. This was a hugh blow to my ego because i though i was a pretty smart guy and should be able to breeze thru these classes with ease. Most likely, I will have a hard time in API and this is not what i want. But enough about with my real reasons for switching. I appreciated all the inputs. I hope to receive more valueble ones.
So what exactly makes you think you're gonna cut it in another community? Your height isn't going to change. If you'll stick out like a sore thumb in the aviation community, you'll also stick out in Supply, SWO, Intel...etc. Not physically fit? Guess what? Transferring to another community isn't going to magically make you fit. And the standards and expectations will be exactly the same regardless where you end up. You're not a strong swimmer? Who cares? Water survival isn't about beating the next person in a race. It's about surviving in the water. I'm a weak swimmer too and sink like a rock. There are a lot of weak swimmers that go through the program and do just fine. As for API, it is not hard. Yes, you have to study a little bit. But it is not hard at all and you will have PLENTY of time.

Now, if suddenly you had an epiphany one day and realized you really don't want to be an aviator that's one thing. But your reasons thus far tell us you don't want to be an NFO anymore because it's too hard. If this is the case, go tell your DI today that you don't want to be in the Navy anymore. The Navy is hard work and if the reasons you outline for us are in fact real, you're just going to come up with some other reasons in a different community.

You want to see the fleet fast? Drop out of OCS and go see your nearest enlisted recruiter. It sounds like you may have some growing up to do and enlisting may serve you very well.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Thanks for the vote of confidence there, buddy... and I ain't that fat.

Don't cry. You know it was meant with the utmost respect.

I'm just drawing a parallel that an 11:30 prt time isn't that uncommon.

MSkinsATC

pilot
So what exactly makes you think you're gonna cut it in another community? Your height isn't going to change. If you'll stick out like a sore thumb in the aviation community, you'll also stick out in Supply, SWO, Intel...etc. Not physically fit? Guess what? Transferring to another community isn't going to magically make you fit. And the standards and expectations will be exactly the same regardless where you end up. You're not a strong swimmer? Who cares? Water survival isn't about beating the next person in a race. It's about surviving in the water. I'm a weak swimmer too and sink like a rock. There are a lot of weak swimmers that go through the program and do just fine. As for API, it is not hard. Yes, you have to study a little bit. But it is not hard at all and you will have PLENTY of time.

Now, if suddenly you had an epiphany one day and realized you really don't want to be an aviator that's one thing. But your reasons thus far tell us you don't want to be an NFO anymore because it's too hard. If this is the case, go tell your DI today that you don't want to be in the Navy anymore. The Navy is hard work and if the reasons you outline for us are in fact real, you're just going to come up with some other reasons in a different community.

You want to see the fleet fast? Drop out of OCS and go see your nearest enlisted recruiter. It sounds like you may have some growing up to do and enlisting may serve you very well.

Was waiting for someone to say this! No one gives a Sh*t what you look like or how big you are! All communities require the same standards. And to restate what was stated earlier, API is NOTHING like OCS. I was horrible in the classes in OCS, but you gotta remember those classes are basically based on SWO stuff NOT Aviation. I am with thebubba, if you truely enjoy flying or the thought of flying get to primary and get some flights under your belt before you quit. I never understood the guys who DOR'd during primary ground school...thats just crazy youve never even been in the airplane. It seems as though you have already made up your mind, and if that is the case, I agree with everyone else, QUIT and give that spot to someone who really wants it!

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAS

retired but still flying
None
Was waiting for someone to say this! No one gives a Sh*t what you look like or how big you are! All communities require the same standards. . .
But self-esteem does play a role. If you can't look at yourself in the mirror and know that the guy looking back is tough enough to do the job then you've already lost. PRT is going to follow you no matter which community of the Navy you find yourself. I don't believe Supply Corps types need to pass aviation survival quals, but they do need to pass the PRT every time it comes up just like every aviator who stopped working out after Pensacola. As for sticking out like a sore thumb, I always thought the big guys stood out ;) You feel inadequate; deal with it, that's life.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
First: Ask your COC but to me your reasons all sound like nerves and if they're not going to make you a good NFO then you might as well quit the Navy altogether.

Second: Should you end up in Pensacola give it your all. If you fail, but have tried your best they will treat you well (i.e. get you supply or another Navy job). If you quit, they will probably do your best to "punish" you with IRAD, IA, Cargo Handling BN, etc. Do you know what they call the last in his class a t Medical School? ...Doctor!