• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wanted: LAMPS Patch...

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Just giving you grief, MB. I've got 1952 glorious hours in the Bravo. Sometimes I even miss it, but glad I did it while I was "young".
With the hours LAMPS HAC's are getting these days (or lack thereof), no thanks.

MasterBates

703 hours in the 60B. 48 months flying it including the RAG. Do the Math.

(less than 15 a month, including deployments)

I was close to "average" when I left. I have no clue how bad it is now.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
1,100 hours in the Bravo in three years of flying. Unfortunately I didn't "Long Cruise" (pre-req to get your HAC board) until the last 300 hours. Tried as I could, my cruiser kept getting yo-yo'd for things other than long cruise and for awhile they thought they'd have to take me and the other 2Ps on a crossdeck or mid-cruise swap IOT get us HAC'd!

The three of us were the most experienced 2Ps in the command. Talk about inequity and rigid-pre-reqs...

MasterBates

Yah.. BTDT.. I went on my 2nd H2P cruise as a "H1.5P" with my ATO300 qual.

Went out with a bunch of dudes who did their 2P cruise on a non-RAST ship. Nothing like teaching your HAC the finer points of varsity plays for the trap.

Don't get me started on teaching them to be LSOs.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
I do remember actually using the RAST for real. Yellow sea, high sea state just short of the limits. The hardest thing about the whole evolution in practice is trying to fly stable platform with deck hands underneath... in practice.

For real, that weird calm comes over you and time sorta goes slower as the deck is twisting and buckling beneath you. You see the messenger runner dude come under with the other guy holding his floatie with a death grip. You are one with the HARS bar, and then you feel that "down, down, down" pull and hear those wonderful words, "..in the trap, trapped". Then you start getting seasick from the pitch and roll on the deck! ;) I didn't, but the AWs would.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
For real, that weird calm comes over you and time sorta goes slower as the deck is twisting and buckling beneath you. You see the messenger runner dude come under with the other guy holding his floatie with a death grip. You are one with the HARS bar, and then you feel that "down, down, down" pull and hear those wonderful words, "..in the trap, trapped". Then you start getting seasick from the pitch and roll on the deck! I didn't, but the AWs would.

unstrapping and kicking the Rast probe because it's stuck in the housing, the unmistakable sound of the probe pounding the deck...the nugget having a little too much lateral drift and missing the trap and having to get airborne again...naked fly-bys during SWO daddy pass and review, slapping cheek of course...ah, the salad days...:) good times.