• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Watching a show on the "Boneyard"

narfmasta

It's on history now if you're interested.

This sucks though, I hate seeing all of those cool planes getting destroyed... Especially the F4's... I can't stand seeing them turned into drones and shot down :icon_rage

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
This sucks though, I hate seeing all of those cool planes getting destroyed... Especially the F4's... I can't stand seeing them turned into drones and shot down :icon_rage

Better than to sit in the desert and rust. They are just doing one last thing to help in the readiness of our military.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
It's on history now if you're interested.

I believe A4's has said it before....but in alot of ways, it makes more sense than being gutted and put on a stick someplace...a soldiers death if you will.

Besides, if we didn't use them, we'd give the Air Force an excuse for a billion dollar contract to build targeting drones...:D

narfmasta

I believe A4's has said it before....but in alot of ways, it makes more sense than being gutted and put on a stick someplace...a soldiers death if you will.

Besides, if we didn't use them, we'd give the Air Force an excuse for a billion dollar contract to build targeting drones...:D

I definitely agree with that, but it just sucks to see such a cool jet get blasted...

I dunno, I like seeing them on bases sitting there cleaned up and everything. I wish they could train people in them, or, sell them to a private company or something and do the whole "Fighter pilot for a day" thing like they have out in Russia. That would be cool

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Hell, they could give one to me. Or two. Whatever. I'd find a good use for them.

narfmasta

Hell, they could give one to me. Or two. Whatever. I'd find a good use for them.

my sentiments exactly. haha

i mean, civilians should not be able to buy a military jet and just go haul ass around in one if they have the money, that would be ridiculous but I wish they wouldn't just destroy them either... I'm telling you, sell them to a company and have them start up something like these.

http://www.flymig.com/packages/
http://www.incredible-adventures.com/edgeofspace.html
http://www.incredible-adventures.com/capetown.html

I mean damn, you can go fly in a Buccaneer, Hawker Hunter, English Electric Lightning, L-39, Mig-23, Mig-25, Mig-29, Su-27, or a freaking Mig-31 high enough to see the curvature of the earth! Cool idea, and the planes will get to be enjoyed by the people who helped finance them in the first place :D

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
One of my best flights was last year taking the last two operational H-3's out there. The only way to get a real idea of how big that place is, is to fly over it or take a look on Google earth. RIP 731 (151549).

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Ya, seriously...if they can make money taking people up in a Mig-31 (which looks amazing, by the way,) I'm sure rides in an F-14 or TA-4J would be profitable as well.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ya, seriously...if they can make money taking people up in a Mig-31 (which looks amazing, by the way,) I'm sure rides in an F-14 or TA-4J would be profitable as well.

It's not just the cost of the fuel...consider parts, maintenance, insurance, etc., and the complete logistic support pipeline to keep those parts working and producing them. All that has ceased.

To try what you suggest in an F-14 would never occur.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Has anyone ever heard any more about Snort's attempt to raise an airshow F-14 squadron?

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Given the latest report that they're scrapping all F-14's at AMARC at a rate of 1 a day I'd say Snort was unable to pull it off.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
It's not just the cost of the fuel...consider parts, maintenance, insurance, etc., and the complete logistic support pieline to keep those parts working and producing them. All that has ceased.

To try what you suggest in an F-14 would never occur.

Yeah, I was just daydreaming. Probably sounded like that guy, I imagine. :icon_smil

Coota0

None
my sentiments exactly. haha

i mean, civilians should not be able to buy a military jet and just go haul ass around in one if they have the money, that would be ridiculous but I wish they wouldn't just destroy them either... I'm telling you, sell them to a company and have them start up something like these.

Agreed, I would really like a T-37.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
I Google Earthed the Boneyard, and found something remarkable. Is it just me, or do those triangular craft in the upper left corner of my image look just like...Jedi Starfighters? The government isn't telling us everything! See for yourself!

Attachments

• Jedi Starfighter at DMAFB.jpg
    Jedi Starfighter at DMAFB.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 76
  • delta-3.jpg
    delta-3.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 57