• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Watching a show on the "Boneyard"

millerjd

Stayin' alive
Agreed, I would really like a T-37.

I have also always really liked that aircraft, despite it's whistling noise. I looked at the AMARC website and found this awhile ago... If someone had the capital to buy them, fix them up, sell them for $150k, pilots would go nuts. (Kind of like what they do with the L-29s)

http://www.amarcexperience.com/AMARCArticleT37Retirement.asp

"Due to the popularity of this aircraft type there is a real chance that many of the T-37s arriving at AMARC will find a future home with a foreign Air Force. If this does not happen there may be a future for them in the public domain. As the T-37 is not a 'combat' aircraft type which is capable of carrying an armed payload they should be eligible for sale to those members of the public with a big enough wallet to purchase one and operate it! "

Edit: Nevermind... Looks like you can buy them... for around $550k
http://www.aircraftdealer.com/aircraft_for_sale_detail/T-37/CESSNA_T-37C/12305.htm

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I Google Earthed the Boneyard, and found something remarkable. Is it just me, or do those triangular craft in the upper left corner of my image look just like...Jedi Starfighters? The government isn't telling us everything! See for yourself!

Looks to me like an aircraft with wings folded back.

Ace_Austin

pilot
It's on history now if you're interested.

This sucks though, I hate seeing all of those cool planes getting destroyed... Especially the F4's... I can't stand seeing them turned into drones and shot down :icon_rage

Whats even better is watching some Eagle drivers trying to shoot the drone down and missing.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I've heard of a couple of guys around Yuma that bought an A-37 from the Venezuelans and are trying to get into the airshow circuit. Not sure about the validity of this claim, but everyone that I have talked to that flew the dragonfly loved it.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Looks to me like an aircraft with wings folded back.

That's what they want you to think. I can find a no better match than Obi-Wan's fighter, there. The outline is exactly the same.

All jesting aside, though, what are those things?

narfmasta

I Google Earthed the Boneyard, and found something remarkable. Is it just me, or do those triangular craft in the upper left corner of my image look just like...Jedi Starfighters? The government isn't telling us everything! See for yourself!

i'm guessing the one on the left is an F-104 just based on the shape

narfmasta

Interesting...an F-104...Starfighter? :icon_wink

coincidence? I think not! it's a conspiracy...

and haha all this starfighter stuff is making want to go watch a movie I just bought, Independence Day :D There are starfighters AND F18's, cool!

Lawman

None
I've heard of a couple of guys around Yuma that bought an A-37 from the Venezuelans and are trying to get into the airshow circuit. Not sure about the validity of this claim, but everyone that I have talked to that flew the dragonfly loved it.

A-37 and T-37 are night and day differnt. The A-37 is actually incredibly overpowered for the task it did and was routinely flying on a single engine over Vietnam in order to get better cruise rates. The T-37 on the other hand is just an ungodly loud annoying puke incrusted trainer.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
A-37 and T-37 are night and day differnt. The A-37 is actually incredibly overpowered for the task it did and was routinely flying on a single engine over Vietnam in order to get better cruise rates. The T-37 on the other hand is just an ungodly loud annoying puke incrusted trainer.

yeah, It had the non-afterburning version of the T-38 engine, and had a lot more gas (two wingtip tanks). And hard points. And a gun. And they usually flew them solo. But the A-10 phased them out. The A-37 is airframe limited, whereas one of the biggest complaints about the Warthog A-10 is that it's thrust limited.