• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WBC to protest VA Tech Funerals --Will GOD smite you???

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
as if we didn't have enough ignorance and stupidity

The fun part about that is that 99.9999999999999999999% of the planet says that about Shirley and Fred Phelps and the gang, yet they always say the same thing right back. Of course, it's always in an incredibly obnoxious, "I'm right. You're wrong, you idiot" tone.

In one interview, one of the members said that Jesus himself would be at their rallies waving around the "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God for 9/11" signs. Really? I doubt it.

schwarti

Contributor
There was an article on the BBC website about the WBC a few weeks ago, titled "The Most Hated Family in America." Which was a moniker given to the group by a member, interestingly. Good read.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
That rhetoric is so abhorrent that IMO it has no place being discussed...here or anywhere. Just becasue people believe something doesn't make it worth discussing.

No offense meant...but mods?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That rhetoric is so abhorrent that IMO it has no place being discussed...here or anywhere. Just becasue people believe something doesn't make it worth discussing.

No offense meant...but mods?

I don't see the harm, as long as people don't get carried away. People need to see the WBC in all its glory so they're reminded of how foolish people can become, whatever the motivation.

Brett

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
The WBC is the perfect counter to the guy who said that the VA Tech shooter did so because he didn't have God in his life.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
People need to see the WBC in all its glory so they're reminded of how foolish people can become, whatever the motivation.

I guess that there is a point there. I've been convinced of that for a long time...:D

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess they're sharing their hate.

So who does God love? Their group or people?

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
I guess they're sharing their hate.

So who does God love? Their group or people?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

"Every word said of God is a lie." - St Thomas Aquinas, 11th century Catholic theologian

Brett

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
"Every word said of God is a lie." - St Thomas Aquinas, 11th century Catholic theologian

Brett

I'm not a Catholic so I'm not phased.

What I meant by my post is that God loves everyone. It is up to the individual whether or not they want to accept His love or not.